Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

http://www.stepitupcamps.com/player/?ID=2108

Devine has us in his top 4 despite lack of contact
Devine is sincerely interested in Syracuse. In an interview a month or so back, he commented that he didn't mind the weather in Syracuse because it reminded him of home (Boston). The kid is working his arse off and an offer from Syracuse would be given very serious consideration.

the kid looks like he is built for power, something we will definitely need in the future.

Syracuse may very well be in the picture, but kept on the down low by the family.

He originally is from New England right? If so he still might have lot's of family up here within easy driving distance
He has family in Boston as well as NYC.

It seems like there are people on here who either know someone or know someone who knows someone. Can one of you make sure the coaching staff or mr. white get in contact with Devine? If need be we can dig up some dirt and blackmail them in to reaching out to him in necessary. :bang:

The only kid I want in 2015 is Ozigbo. Rest of the class can fill in as it may, but getting him at SU should be #1.

Id be just as fine landing either of the top backs out of PA and I suspect we'll be in on some others.

The only kid I want in 2015 is Ozigbo. Rest of the class can fill in as it may, but getting him at SU should be #1.
Without knowing if we're in on other RBs that are just as good how can you make that statement?

Without knowing if we're in on other RBs that are just as good how can you make that statement?
I guess I, and all of us, can't know for sure. Based on his current size/running style, I think if the coaches plan on going with a power back (albeit he seems more of a total package than strictly power), he could fill out into the Jerome Smith role after a bit of S&C. Just seems like a dynamic guy you can plug in in roughly any situation.

He could just have been cold and blindly reached into his sock drawer. It might be worth a follow up by a media type but we all know thats not going to happen.
e all know the staff is probably oblivious to this prospect and least of all the color of his socks. Texas recruiting isn't likely just yet.

This is such a peculiar situation. I like the idea of going after him for a variety of reasons, including potentially making some in-roads in the Dallas area, but also because frankly it seems like a "bird in the hand" situation. Sounds like we maybe aren't pursuing him because we're waiting for other things to shake out. I kind of like the apparent sure thing sometimes, especially when he looks like a very talented prospect.

It's a little baffling that we aren't at least keeping in contact so that, at worst, he'll be a fantastic B-option if the guys that are at the top of the wish list for the staff fall through.

This is such a peculiar situation. I like the idea of going after him for a variety of reasons, including potentially making some in-roads in the Dallas area, but also because frankly it seems like a "bird in the hand" situation. Sounds like we maybe aren't pursuing him because we're waiting for other things to shake out. I kind of like the apparent sure thing sometimes, especially when he looks like a very talented prospect.

It's a little baffling that we aren't at least keeping in contact so that, at worst, he'll be a fantastic B-option if the guys that are at the top of the wish list for the staff fall through.

T
his. Doesn't make much sense. Throw the kid a line a least, let him know we know he exists haha.

So, for what it's worth, Cole Dial, who is apparently our new recruiting assistant, follows Devine on Twitter. So that's better than nothing, right?
so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

So, for what it's worth, Cole Dial, who is apparently our new recruiting assistant, follows Devine on Twitter. So that's better than nothing, right?
time to Dial him in for real

'Bama has reached out to Devine. Not an offer, but he's caught their attention and they've let him know.

'Bama has reached out to Devine. Not an offer, but he's caught their attention and they've let him know.
Good for Devine, by all accounts seems like a great kid and a hard worker who's doing what's necessary to put himself in a good position in terms of his future... I just wish we could get some type of reaction/acknowledgement from the staff.

Good for Devine, by all accounts seems like a great kid and a hard worker who's doing what's necessary to put himself in a good position in terms of his future... I just wish we could get some type of reaction/acknowledgement from the staff.
Totally agree. That would go a long, long way.

crazy that they take a DT from Alabama but won't look at a RB from Texas.

crazy that they take a DT from Alabama but won't look at a RB from Texas.
How do you know they're not looking? I just checked the database on TOS and it doesn't look like we've offered anyone from Illinois yet for 2015. Which is harder to believe?

How do you know they're not looking? I just checked the database on TOS and it doesn't look like we've offered anyone from Illinois yet for 2015. Which is harder to believe?
I'm going by what i've read in this thread from people who know him.

As jekelish stated, Cole Dial is following him on Twitter now. Maybe after Wednesday the staff contacts him.

As jekelish stated, Cole Dial is following him on Twitter now. Maybe after Wednesday the staff contacts him.
Yeah, I was thinking that we may very well be looking at him, just not offered yet. We don't have a ton of offers out yet, and if we don't have any to guys from one of our top 3 recruiting areas, it doesn't surprise me that we haven't made an effort in Texas yet.