Class of 2017 - RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers

Would Miami block it? Can you block grad transfer in conference?

You think Miami is going to eat a scholie for a fifth year depth guy so he can't go to Syracuse?

Graduate Exception
The graduate exception is a version of the one-time transfer exception. It is for student-athletes who cannot use the normal one-time transfer exception because they play one of the sports that are not permitted to use the exception.

• The student-athlete must have graduated with at least a bachelor’s degree;
  • The student-athlete meets the other requirements of the one-time transfer exception;
  • The student-athlete must have at least one season of competition left; and
  • The student-athlete’s previous school did not renew his or her athletic scholarship or offer an athletic scholarship for the following academic year.
The requirement that the scholarship be cancelled or not renewed is generally not an issue. The scholarship does not need to be cancelled before the transfer or be the reason for the transfer. Because the one-time transfer exception requires you to get a release, what will happen with your scholarship is generally just an administrative detail.

I honestly can't imagine a single reason one would consider transferring to play offense for rutgers right now - you'd have to seriously just love having your head kicked in with absolutely no reward ever.

I can't either. I have to think that if he wants to play his last year close to home, and we want him here, he'll be here.

One service rated Edwards the #1 FB out of HS. At 230# we have nothing like him on our roster. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery like ET did.

Would it cost us any commits who were told they will play right away?

Would it cost us any commits who were told they will play right away?
With all of the rumors regarding position changes and qualification issues, there may not be enough clarity in the situation to worry about it.

bombay_jinga-janga2.jpg

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos Dec 16
Mark Richt on potential transfers: "We're not going to beg anybody to stay at The U. It's too great of a place."

"Edwards, a redshirt junior who missed all of last season with a Lisfranc fracture that required five screws and a metal plate be surgically inserted into his left foot, got his most carries of the season in last week’s victory at Virginia: 11 for 68 yards, a 6.2-yard-per-carry average."

Edwards said he has no intention of transferring, given his light workload until now.

“I’ve been here since my freshman year,’’ he said. “This is home. All my brothers are here. A new coaching staff, but at the same time they’re family now, so I wouldn’t want to turn my back on them no matter what.”

This is from a November article

"Edwards, a redshirt junior who missed all of last season with a Lisfranc fracture that required five screws and a metal plate be surgically inserted into his left foot, got his most carries of the season in last week’s victory at Virginia: 11 for 68 yards, a 6.2-yard-per-carry average."

Edwards said he has no intention of transferring, given his light workload until now.

“I’ve been here since my freshman year,’’ he said. “This is home. All my brothers are here. A new coaching staff, but at the same time they’re family now, so I wouldn’t want to turn my back on them no matter what.”

This is from a November article
That makes it official. He is leaving.

Yearby is declaring for the draft which makes Gus the #2 RB unless Homer passes him this Spring. He says he is staying in Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom