Class of 2017 - RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers

I don't think Rutgers would be a good fit since they've abandoned the very notion of offense. Hey, Gus. Psst. You can be the next Amba Etta-Tawo only at RB. How's that sound?

dude is absolutely yoked.
Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 12.57.20 PM.png

Have to think that if the coaches are interested we at least get a conversation

I don't see anything in his twitter that tells me where he might be looking. :noidea:

Get AET in contact with this man.

Well this is an interesting development...

Didn't think he was going to transfer, especially after their RB declared for the draft.
The other schools Gus visited when in HS were Syracuse and Florida State. FSU is stacked at RB. Don't see him going there if he is looking for a lot of touches his senior season.

Rutgers has little talent but they do have a good RB in Robert Martin, who averaged 5.2 ypc in 2016. He will be a senior.

I would think having a chance to play Miami head to head is probably a good thing for Syracuse. With the recent developments, and the relative lack of success the new staff has had recruiting in NYC, this would make a lot of sense. The only negative thing I can say is that Gus is by all accounts a poor receiver, which is not good in a Babers offense. But that just means he is unlikely to play a lot in passing situations...

The other schools Gus visited when in HS were Syracuse and Florida State. FSU is stacked at RB. Don't see him going there if he is looking for a lot of touches his senior season.

Rutgers has little talent but they do have a good RB in Robert Martin, who averaged 5.2 ypc in 2016. He will be a senior.

I would think having a chance to play Miami head to head is probably a good thing for Syracuse. With the recent developments, and the relative lack of success the new staff has had recruiting in NYC, this would make a lot of sense. The only negative thing I can say is that Gus is by all accounts a poor receiver, which is not good in a Babers offense. But that just means he is unlikely to play a lot in passing situations...
I think if we want him, we'll be able to get him. But we'll see who else throws a hat in the ring.

So, in other words, he's like Jordan Fredericks, but with only one year of eligibility.

I would take this kid in a heartbeat. No questions asked.

Also, I don't think Fredericks had issues catching the ball.

Well this is an interesting development...

Didn't think he was going to transfer, especially after their RB declared for the draft.
He was going to be second string RB.

Gus looks like a back that we can count on to run north/south and gain us 5-6 yard chunks to keep us in short yardage situations and our offense moving.

Exactly what we need in my opinion. I think between Edwards/Strickland/Neal we could have an immensely dynamic running game that'd allow us to attempt the run/pass if dino so pleases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom