RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St | Syracusefan.com

RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St

He was in uniform Friday, and he went through warm-ups.

he’s not playing and I believe will only have 1 year left. Would be #2 behind Tucker next year.

Adam’s graduates. Tucker will leave after next year. We’ll need to bring in a good back this recruiting class.

He’s a good back, but maybe that on-again/off-again thingy set him back a little since it gave Trucker a chance to emerge and grab the starters position. Adams is a very good #2, imo. Just no room at the inn for Howard. Good luck to him.

I’m all for kids doing what’s best for themselves. But leaving mid-season is really maddening and maybe not a great choice? He’s not so far down the depth chart. 1 injury and he’s getting 15 carries a game.

I'm guessing it has to do with the redshirt rule. If he doesn't play in another game this season, then he can use this year as a redshirt and still have two years of eligibility left wherever he goes.

I’m all for kids doing what’s best for themselves. But leaving mid-season is really maddening and maybe not a great choice? He’s not so far down the depth chart. 1 injury and he’s getting 15 carries a game.
It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Since he did opt out during the covid year maybe it's more about being closer to home.

Not sure why he didn’t get more carries. I think he’s our best RB behind Tucker.
I think he is clearly the #2 back based on talent but in his limited playing time, I think he has had a couple of fumbles. Pretty sure that is a huge no no with Dino. I think those mistakes killed his chances here.

With a guy like Tucker in front of you and the new transfer rules, I agree with JR. Probably makes sense for him to go somewhere where playing time will be easier to find.

Seemed like a hard worker and a great kid. I wish him the best wherever he ends up. Hopefully not a school we end up playing.

We also can’t forget that Howard is likely still in the doghouse for last season.

You can say what you want about it being Covid and everyone has their own reasons and I understand that.

Not so sure Dino was as sympathetic about Adams and Howard opting out and saying that they were going to focus on entering into the draft last year…

We also can’t forget that Howard is likely still in the doghouse for last season.

You can say what you want about it being Covid and everyone has their own reasons and I understand that.

Not so sure Dino was as sympathetic about Adams and Howard opting out and saying that they were going to focus on entering into the draft last year…
He may be in the dog house after his reaction to not getting the ball from Shrader at the goal line against Albany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom