RB/LB Devan Carter (Brighton, NY) - Verbals to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

RB/LB Devan Carter (Brighton, NY) - Verbals to Syracuse

Some of those defenses need to load up on the peanut butter sandwiches. There were some damn skinny kids he wasn't going up against.

I am a big fan of Carter. Glad to see us recognize this kid is a player. New York is going to end up with 15 - 20 players getting D1 scholarships this season. Maybe more.

I know it's sounds crazy, but his running style looks a lot like Ernie Davis to me. Not saying he's as fast or as strong...but he runs upright and reminds me of Davis.

Now if we could just get Bemiller, Roger Davis, and Tarbox to block for him

I told you guys awhile back that Wheatley really liked him. Just hope this is not a back up plan for not getting Edwards and smith.

I told you guys awhile back that Wheatley really liked him. Just hope this is not a back up plan for not getting Edwards and smith.

Doubt it. Carter has the size to move to OLB. Edwards could also move to LB. Smith could move to WR.

I think we will be seeing a lot of Rob Spence on the trail

He doesn’t look fast enough on that film to be a running back. Anyone know what he’s being recruited as? Looks to me like an interesting MLB prospect.

That's ironic. Wasn't that one of the reasons Marrone fired him?
I don't know the reasons he was let go, however I think Coach Flood will have Coach Spence shadowing our efforts when it comes to head-head recruiting battles

I don't know the reasons he was let go, however I think Coach Flood will have Coach Spence shadowing our efforts when it comes to head-head recruiting battles

Interesting to know. IIRC, I think his lack of recruiting prowess was a factor in letting him go.

I also remember some kids from Mississippi that were interested in us but could not get Spence to return calls. I bet Orangeyes remembers.

He doesn’t look fast enough on that film to be a running back. Anyone know what he’s being recruited as? Looks to me like an interesting MLB prospect.

Carter ran a 4.52 at camp today and had top times in the short shuttle and L drill.

Carter ran a 4.52 at camp today and had top times in the short shuttle and L drill.

Terrific. He's the Upstate guy I really want SU to land this year, even over the more ballyhooed Officer.

he will be our next verbal
what position is being offered at LB or RB? He looks solid at RB but he looks like he can be a freakishly athletic LB; a disruptive force ala Doug Hogue.

Nice, it makes since. His coach told me thursday that he was going to commit. He could very well be a good LB

Nice, it makes since. His coach told me thursday that he was going to commit. He could very well be a good LB
Really happy with this news. Devan is the kind of LB we have been needing for a while. Big, strong, fast...he is Doug Hogue II. I believe he is going to make a major impact at Syracuse.

Really happy with this news. Devan is the kind of LB we have been needing for a while. Big, strong, fast...he is Doug Hogue II. I believe he is going to make a major impact at Syracuse.

I agree. Love this kid as a linebacker prospect. Will need some time to develop, but very nice tools.

I agree. Love this kid as a linebacker prospect. Will need some time to develop, but very nice tools.

Agreed with both perspectives. Pretty exciting pickup! Personally speaking, I really like what we're doing with RB converts--in our system, they project well to LB, and both of our last two commits seem very fast / athletic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom