Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

The fact Washington names us in his top schools with the offers he has is pretty incredible. I'd say we'll be in it until the end but I don't want to put a number on it. He's the most likely blue chipper to come here in a long time though, however.

It really is mindboggling how in it we are with Washington. Obviously there is no way to say he is coming here until it happens. But if he does come, I would expect we get Aapri, and the only way we wouldn't get Neal as well, would be because he wants to be a legit starter and fears he won't get that chance with Washington on the same roster.

I guess what I am saying is that landing Washington would be a potential turning point for us as it creates a huge opportunity for us to land top end talent.

Oh really? Unless I'm mistaken Neal isn't being recruited heavily by Wake Forest, he does have an offer though as shown earlier in this thread.

A big win today for us surely can't hurt

Oh really? Unless I'm mistaken Neal isn't being recruited heavily by Wake Forest, he does have an offer though as shown earlier in this thread.

A big win today for us surely can't hurt
My thoughts exactly.

We have so much potential for the 2016 recruiting class. I know it will be tough, but if we start pulling guys like Neal and Washington then maybe Long's saying we will play for an ACC title in the next four years wasn't as far fetched as I originally thought.

B0Q8bwQIYAEha8w.jpg:large

Nunes Recruiting‏@NunesRecruiting 2m2 minutes ago
Not only Moe Neal, but Robert Washington, Aapri Washington, and Will Eason all visited Wake to see the 'Cuse victory

I keep reading that as a bad thing 'visiting wake' but in reality this is all kinds of good news for us isn't it? I want to tell myself they only went because Cuse was in town. How true that is I don't know, but that's what I'll choose to believe.

We have so much potential for the 2016 recruiting class. I know it will be tough, but if we start pulling guys like Neal and Washington then maybe Long's saying we will play for an ACC title in the next four years wasn't as far fetched as I originally thought.

We definitely have ourselves set up with some high level prospects. Have to think that was part of the strategy getting 2015 done so quickly. We just have to have a decent finish to the season.

I voted once for Neal and once for Washington. Felt it was unfair to not split the votes evenly for the future Cuse tandem. :D

Free article...

http://recruiting.At their request,...site./story/1512905-offers-piling-up-for-neal

Moe Neal’s recruitment continues to gain momentum. The Gastonia (N.C.) Forestview running back holds double-digit scholarship offers and gave Scout the latest.

Moe Neal had a huge junior season. Not surprisingly, his recruitment continues to pick up.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Neal’s scholarship offer list includes Boston College, Duke, East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, NC State, Syracuse and Wake Forest among others.

Besides the schools that have offered, Ohio State, Tennessee and North Carolina are showing significant interest.

Neal’s most recent visit was to Mississippi State.

”I went down there a few weekends ago for one of their junior days,” he said. “It was a good visit. It’s nice down there. I went down there my freshman year, so it was good to go back.

”I was really impressed with their new facilities. The weight room, practice fields and academic buildings are all really nice."

The Bulldogs were the the first to offer Neal when he was a freshman and made sure he knew they still wanted him.

”I like coach (Dan) Mullen – he’s a good guy," Neal said. "We talked one-on-one. He told me he liked my film and that I’m still up there at the top as far as the guys they want for 2016. It meant a lot that he took the time to talk to me.

”I also talked to my (defensive line) coach (Robert) Turner, who's my recruiting coach, and he told he was glad to see me and that he wanted me to be a Bulldog.”

Neal is planning to take more visits in the near future.

”I know I’m going to junior day at Wake Forest this Sunday and Duke on the Feb. 18 for their basketball game against North Carolina,” he said. “I’m also going to Tennessee on Feb. 21. I’d like visit Boston College, Syracuse and Ohio State, too.”

Neal claims no favorites at this time. He plans to narrow his list to five or six schools this summer.

Right now, Neal said Duke and Wake Forest are two schools in good shape to make the cut, but nothing is set in stone. Neal said he will either make his decision right before or during his senior season.

Last season, he finished with 2,018 yards rushing and 29 touchdowns, 549 yards receiving and nine touchdown receptions and 400 return yards.

Update: West Virginia offered Neal tonight.

Free article...

http://recruiting.At their request,...site./story/1512905-offers-piling-up-for-neal

Moe Neal’s recruitment continues to gain momentum. The Gastonia (N.C.) Forestview running back holds double-digit scholarship offers and gave Scout the latest.

Moe Neal had a huge junior season. Not surprisingly, his recruitment continues to pick up.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Neal’s scholarship offer list includes Boston College, Duke, East Carolina, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, NC State, Syracuse and Wake Forest among others.

Besides the schools that have offered, Ohio State, Tennessee and North Carolina are showing significant interest.

Neal’s most recent visit was to Mississippi State.

”I went down there a few weekends ago for one of their junior days,” he said. “It was a good visit. It’s nice down there. I went down there my freshman year, so it was good to go back.

”I was really impressed with their new facilities. The weight room, practice fields and academic buildings are all really nice."

The Bulldogs were the the first to offer Neal when he was a freshman and made sure he knew they still wanted him.

”I like coach (Dan) Mullen – he’s a good guy," Neal said. "We talked one-on-one. He told me he liked my film and that I’m still up there at the top as far as the guys they want for 2016. It meant a lot that he took the time to talk to me.

”I also talked to my (defensive line) coach (Robert) Turner, who's my recruiting coach, and he told he was glad to see me and that he wanted me to be a Bulldog.”

Neal is planning to take more visits in the near future.

”I know I’m going to junior day at Wake Forest this Sunday and Duke on the Feb. 18 for their basketball game against North Carolina,” he said. “I’m also going to Tennessee on Feb. 21. I’d like visit Boston College, Syracuse and Ohio State, too.”

Neal claims no favorites at this time. He plans to narrow his list to five or six schools this summer.

Right now, Neal said Duke and Wake Forest are two schools in good shape to make the cut, but nothing is set in stone. Neal said he will either make his decision right before or during his senior season.

Last season, he finished with 2,018 yards rushing and 29 touchdowns, 549 yards receiving and nine touchdown receptions and 400 return yards.

Update: West Virginia offered Neal tonight.

I get the feeling he may want to stay closer to home.

I know he just said that Duke and Wake are in good shape to make the cut, but it's absolutely amazing what Cutcliffe has done from a recruiting standpoint at Duke. They easily have some of the worst facilities, if not the worst in the ACC, have no history, and no success until very recently, but now all a sudden Cutcliffe is getting guys nobody would have dreamed they would. I know people's argument could be location, but 2 of their top recruits last year were from California. Duke's recent success on the recruiting trail should give us hope that it could be done.

I know he just said that Duke and Wake are in good shape to make the cut, but it's absolutely amazing what Cutcliffe has done from a recruiting standpoint at Duke. They easily have some of the worst facilities, if not the worst in the ACC, have no history, and no success until very recently, but now all a sudden Cutcliffe is getting guys nobody would have dreamed they would. I know people's argument could be location, but 2 of their top recruits last year were from California. Duke's recent success on the recruiting trail should give us hope that it could be done.
and their success is partly due to a Rutgers-esque schedule - there might be something to that for us. I like playing big names but...

and their success is partly due to a Rutgers-esque schedule - there might be something to that for us. I like playing big names but...

Remember Cutcliffe is from the SEC... they know how to schedule.

You do know that they are updating their facilities.. in fact their Spring game will be closed to the public this year for the first time in forever because of the construction. It will be live streamed.

I wonder if Neal, as a slot guy, affects Coleman.

I'm more worried about it costing us Ty Thompson. Love that kids tape. But if the coaches prefer Neal then bring it