Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 166 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stay with us Moe
I actually AM pretty convinced that Moe is solid. He genuinely seems very into Syracuse, getting to have Floyd Little as a mentor, etc. And not that it matters all that much, but back when he committed he immediately changed his Twitter profile to reflect he was an SU commit. That never happened with Robert (at the time, I said "Oh don't worry about that" but I can admit now that it worried me at the time).

It really baffles me that a recruit and parent think they have the audacity to tell a coaching staff who they can and cannot recruit. You are basically telling them how to do their jobs. If Robert were to continue me here, I'm sure he would have though he would be above every other player to begin with, would have been very toxic.

A kid and his family has no business telling a school who they can and cannot recruit.
I thought it was beyond bizarre that RW wasn't mentioned in the "Big 22" preseason broadcast here in Charlotte. Arguably the best RB in the state & not even an " oh, btw" from sports media when listing the best fb players in the Carolinas?
And to top it off, Moe Neal had a VERY prominent role in the broadcast. Putting the pieces together, maybe their "friendship" had something to do w/ this decommitt? Maybe there's wasn't enough room to share the spotlight, & one ftball wasn't enough?
Just sayin'...

Supposedly some of the friendships were exaggerated. Not saying Moe's is, but a few of the Team USA ones seem to have been.

Now that this has all come out I can admit that I was always a lot more worried about this than I ever said. I just wanted to keep things from getting too pessimistic.

I actually AM pretty convinced that Moe is solid. He genuinely seems very into Syracuse, getting to have Floyd Little as a mentor, etc. And not that it matters all that much, but back when he committed he immediately changed his Twitter profile to reflect he was an SU commit. That never happened with Robert (at the time, I said "Oh don't worry about that" but I can admit now that it worried me at the time).

That always bothered me with RW too. Glad you think Moe is solid. We keep him and if we can flip Bryant, I will feel quite good.

I thought it was beyond bizarre that RW wasn't mentioned in the "Big 22" preseason broadcast here in Charlotte. Arguably the best RB in the state & not even an " oh, btw" from sports media when listing the best fb players in the Carolinas?
And to top it off, Moe Neal had a VERY prominent role in the broadcast. Putting the pieces together, maybe their "friendship" had something to do w/ this decommitt? Maybe there's wasn't enough room to share the spotlight, & one ftball wasn't enough?
Just sayin'...
No.

Me since I started reading this thread from day 1
_1403120055.gif

Alsacs said:
If you think that then we should have never recruited the kid in the first place. I highly doubt the SU staff told him it was cool if he wanted to decommit. I would bet the staff was classy and understood but why would the staff after investing the 44 be mutual?

The whole recruitment was a circus. I don't think the staff knew what they were getting into and when they realized it was too late. If RW does play college ball he may not have the options he thinks he has. A lot of the schools that originally offered ended up backing off. I have no doubt when he committed to UF it was totally legit. Only problem is UF didn't know about it, and pretty much told him no. This one definitely isn't on the staff and I wouldn't be surprised to see they were the ones who decided to move on.

The whole recruitment was a circus. I don't think the staff knew what they were getting into and when they realized it was too late. If RW does play college ball he may not have the options he thinks he has. A lot of the schools that originally offered ended up backing off. I have no doubt when he committed to UF it was totally legit. Only problem is UF didn't know about it, and pretty much told him no. This one definitely isn't on the staff and I wouldn't be surprised to see they were the ones who decided to move on.
The indication being given is that it was definitely mutual, in the decision to part ways. I fully believe that, too, knowing what I know about the background here.

Yup. Rumor is half of RW's offer list is of the non-committable sort. Again, it's not the kid here, he's just been really misled with regards to his future. I feel badly for him.

Do you think we try and get back involved with Thompson or do we go after Bryant hard? Or do we even take another back this class?

jekelish said:
The indication being given is that it was definitely mutual, in the decision to part ways. I fully believe that, too, knowing what I know about the background here.

Ya I think the whole Tre Bryant thing helped make their mind up that it may not be worth it.

There was always the question if he was going to be eligible to enroll in January with his 2 step with high school enrollments. The lack of staff involvement recently points to that. When it comes to runningbacks unless you are a Bo Jackson you are a dime a dozen...just look at the NFL lately

We neeed beef......We need a couple of more Clarks! more than we need running backs.

Orange4 said:
Do you think we try and get back involved with Thompson or do we go after Bryant hard? Or do we even take another back this class?

I bet we try with Bryant, but if he isn't willing to listen it will be someone totally new that we haven't heard about yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom