Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it strange with all the interest he has visited everywhere but here. As soon as he got a Michigan offer he was tere the last weekend. He was even at BC the same weekend we hosted Clemson. In the end I have a feeling he stays closer to home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I just find it strange with all the interest he has visited everywhere but here. As soon as he got a Michigan offer he was tere the last weekend. He was even at BC the same weekend we hosted Clemson. In the end I have a feeling he stays closer to home

-
A lot of time left in his recruitment... So you never know what will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

-
Coaching staff must have told him to wait until some future basketball game.

Last edited:
The kid is From North Carolina. Would make sense to have him come up for Duke or UNC.

The kid is From North Carolina. Would make sense to have him come up for Duke or UNC.

I remember reading somewhere that both his parents are originally from Connecticut and his mother and half his family still stays there. So if he comes to us he will still be able to play in front of his family up north and we're in the ACC now so his family down there can see him play too. I think we offer the best of both worlds for the kid and not to mention he understands our history with RB's. I don't think him not visiting is a big deal. He twits more about Syracuse then any other school from what I see. We have two more years for all the visit stuff. Again just my opinion but I say we get him at the end of the day and depending on his development he wears #44 for us.

Doc Flander thanks for the update. Make sure you add your two cents in for Syracuse.

Sometimes being on a kid early can make all the difference, but yeah sounds like he could be in the top 10 RB's in his class, those haven't been SU territory for a long time...

ya only problem is there are 30 other schools that were in just as, or earlier then us. He has already made several visits, some multiple, and none to Cuse. The weekend we played Clemson he went to BC instead. The weekend after he was offered by Michigan he went there. Just saying I don't think anyone should get their hopes up here.

Staff thinks differently.

There are probably around 20 staffs who feel good about his recruitment right now, especially the ones who have had him on campus multiple times

A lot of younger players don't have a true understanding of our RB tradition but this kid does. That is our selling point. I say we get aggressive and he will come. Maybe pitch the #44 harder. I say he comes on campus at some point next year. Now if that doesn't happen then I would understand the doubt of getting him. Until then I'm showing all the Cuse love until signing day "16

A lot of younger players don't have a true understanding of our RB tradition but this kid does. That is our selling point. I say we get aggressive and he will come. Maybe pitch the #44 harder. I say he comes on campus at some point next year. Now if that doesn't happen then I would understand the doubt of getting him. Until then I'm showing all the Cuse love until signing day "16
give it up with the 44 stuff. It's never going to happen.

actually i dont think its that farfetched.. it would only take one person to push it.

No, he said give up on 44 being reissued, never did he say stop recruiting the kid.

I know what he meant. If we plan to get any top 10 RB talent we will have to start back pitching that ideal. If not for the express movie many current players would not know about the #44.

I know what he meant. If we plan to get any top 10 RB talent we will have to start back pitching that ideal. If not for the express movie many current players would not know about the #44.
No we don't. Most of these kids already have a number they've worn their whole career they want to keep. Not to mention the expectations that the kid would have with that number.

Oh and why would we give it to a true freshman? It should be given to someone that deserves it.

No we don't. Most of these kids already have a number they've worn their whole career they want to keep. Not to mention the expectations that the kid would have with that number.

Oh and why would we give it to a true freshman? It should be given to someone that deserves it.

I understand where you are coming from but I never said give it to them as a true freshmen. Pitch the ideal of having the chance to wear it at some point. That would allow the player to establish themselves. So if we have a top 10 RB and he pans out to be just that he can wear it during junior year.

Did Rob Konrad get 44 as a freshman or did he get it later? Was it used as a recruiting tool or as a reward? I remember him as no. 44 the whole way through but I could be way off base about that.

I think you keep the 44 in your back pocket, it cant hurt. Some kids wont care and want to keep their number or not want the pressure but if you are able to sign a top 10 program changer RB and that's what puts him over the top it then its good to have it in your back pocket for a truly special talent.

Other than that I've liked the idea that it would be a good reward for a special senior RB. Really the only issue with that is that often when an RB is that good (read really spectacular) to warrant 44 he's gone before he's a Senior to the NFL because of the prevalence of injury at the RB position makes it too big a risk to pass up that check.

Better to not put rules on it use it for a Truly Special senior or Recruit if it is what seals the deal.

Did Rob Konrad get 44 as a freshman or did he get it later? Was it used as a recruiting tool or as a reward? I remember him as no. 44 the whole way through but I could be way off base about that.

He had it from start to finish and yes it was used during his recruitment as a means to bring him to the Cuse.

I know what your saying but how would we justify giving a top recruit the #44 jersey when we will have Geore Morrs and Devantae McFarland as Seniors that season, who by then would have been contributors for 4 seasons.

IMO If your going to hand it out it has to be to someone who has earned it while at SU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom