Reasons Why I Enjoy Board Meltdowns | Syracusefan.com

Reasons Why I Enjoy Board Meltdowns

NKR1978

Living Legend
In no particular order:

So many new or infrequent posters come out of the woodwork.
Lowers my productivity even further. Fortunately that won't apply today.
Always something interesting to read. Maybe not at all logical, but certainly interesting.

And personally, the mostly justified negativity reverses my psychology, thereby forcing me to defend the team/coaches and look for silver linings. This in turn creates hope and helps maintain some optimism that all is not lost.

The chatroom meltdown yesterday was even worse.
The negativity and criticisms of the players there during the game were just awful - you would have thought we were losing by 30 pts.
It really started pissing me off and I finally had to leave the chat.
I don't know how all that sort of negative energy is supposed to help in any way.

I generally take a several day break after a loss. Can't seem to stay way today.

I gave myself an hour to vent last night and then watched stupid TV until 2. Couldn't even watch hoops.

The negativity and criticisms of the players there during the game were just awful - you would have thought we were losing by 30 pts.
I don't know how all that sort of negative energy is supposed to help in any way.

I had to leave the chat room. It was pathetic.

For some reason reading the board during a meltdown is very therapeutic for me. It helps knowing other people are just as pissed as me. I rarely post during meltdowns but I read all the threads. Logical and insane. And I get drunk. That combination is how I get over losses.

I generally step away from the board a few minutes after the game. Might make a few relatively harmless posts.

But after the Pitt football game I lost it. Definitely a lapse in meltdown judgment.

I don't think the meltdowns have been terrible this year. Perhaps most of that venom gets spilled in the chat room.

I generally step away from the board a few minutes after the game. Might make a few relatively harmless posts.

But after the Pitt football game I lost it. Definitely a lapse in meltdown judgment.

To be fair, that was awful. I lost it in the game thread for the Northwestern game and believe I posted that Bullough should have been left in Atlanta after Georgia Tech.

I don't think the meltdowns have been terrible this year. Perhaps most of that venom gets spilled in the chat room.
Well we did have some posts circulating how baye and CJ are awful and lost the game. You know, two of the winningest players in school history. Not to say that there are not problems because there are. But the personal attacks on players on message boards (or from the people around me at the dome) are not needed. Calling players worthless is a little bit over the top and unfortunately appears to be a prerequisite for most cuse fans once things start going south. We tend to be a very negative lot by nature. Wish it was different on the player levels. The coaches I am all for questioning in regards for their decisions. They are grown men who get payed handsomely to tell people what to do while playing a game.

Last edited:
The venom was definitely being spilled in the chat room last night. It was just awful.
It's one thing to criticize poor decisions or bad shots, or question calls, etc. but the mean spirited comments and the doom and gloom there yesterday was too much to take.
I'll agree, yesterday's game wasn't a stellar outing, but like I said earlier, you would have thought we were down 30 when we were only down 2 early in the 2nd half.

Well we did have some posts circulating how baye and CJ are awful and lost the game. You know, two of the winningest players in school history. Not to say that there are not problems because there are. But the personal attacks on players on message boards (or from the people around me at the dome) are not needed. Calling players worthless is a little bit over the too and unfortunately appears to be a prerequisite for most cuse fans once things start going south. We tend to be a very negative lot by nature. Wish it was different on the player levels. The coaches I am all for questioning in regards for their decisions. They are grown men who get payed handsomely to tell people what to do while playing a game.

I have ignored a few posters long ago so perhaps I'm not seeing everything that has been spewed?

Regardless, we live in a country of immediate reactions now, and some people need to count to 10 before posting but theyve long ago lost that filter.

The venom was definitely being spilled in the chat room last night. It was just awful.
It's one thing to criticize poor decisions or bad shots, or question calls, etc. but the mean spirited comments and the doom and gloom there yesterday was too much to take.
I'll agree, yesterday's game wasn't a stellar outing, but like I said earlier, you would have thought we were down 30 when we were only down 2 early in the 2nd half.

I was in the chat room pregame but can't keep up with it once the games on so I wasn't there for that. Still, better to have the stuff posted there and long since disappear vs most of that showing up as new threads here making the board unreadable.

Well we did have some posts circulating how baye and CJ are awful and lost the game. You know, two of the winningest players in school history. Not to say that there are not problems because there are. But the personal attacks on players on message boards (or from the people around me at the dome) are not needed. Calling players worthless is a little bit over the top and unfortunately appears to be a prerequisite for most cuse fans once things start going south. We tend to be a very negative lot by nature. Wish it was different on the player levels. The coaches I am all for questioning in regards for their decisions. They are grown men who get payed handsomely to tell people what to do while playing a game.

I've been saying Baye is not a good basketball player while SU was winning as well.

Do people realize that family members read these boards? We have had family members that have been appreciated contributors here. In fact, we have a parent of a current member of the team and that parent is a highly valued poster on here. What happens when the player is a regular in the rotation and he makes mistakes on the court or has a bad game? Do some of these people on here throw insults at him also? Trevor Cooney went from being a high profile recruit to a person that many on here wanted him to transfer. He heated up and had a super 2/3 of the season and people loved him. Now people are talking trash about him that shouldn't be spewed about any kid.
That being said, I still love this place. I just wish some could just step back and not get personal with the insults towards these 18-22 year old kids.

Do people realize that family members read these boards? We have had family members that have been appreciated contributors here. In fact, we have a parent of a current member of the team and that parent is a highly valued poster on here. What happens when the player is a regular in the rotation and he makes mistakes on the court or has a bad game? Do some of these people on here throw insults at him also? Trevor Cooney went from being a high profile recruit to a person that many on here wanted him to transfer. He heated up and had a super 2/3 of the season and people loved him. Now people are talking trash about him that shouldn't be spewed about any kid.
That being said, I still love this place. I just wish some could just step back and not get personal with the insults towards these 18-22 year old kids.

They go to school for free playing basketball for one of the most high profile programs in the country. I'm sure they'll get over what a middle aged nobody in northern Vermont says about them on a message board. If not, they should rethink their choices.

I just love the term "meltdown" and have given a like to everyone who used it as I have said I would in most cases. With such losses it is about the only good I can feel related to them, and I sometimes choose to feel good. When I was a kid, in the arcade there was a pinball machine called "Heavy Metal Meltdown"...here is a video of it...check out at least the first 10 seconds...and around 58 seconds you start to hear a real meltdown!!!!

CuseFaninVT said:
They go to school for free playing basketball for one of the most high profile programs in the country. I'm sure they'll get over what a middle aged nobody in northern Vermont says about them on a message board. If not, they should rethink their choices.

I don't think they care - but it you are a Dad of one of these kids?

I'd be wanting to rip someones head off after last night.

I'm sure they don't care about the middle aged nobody from Vermont. It does bring up a question though. Why would a middle aged nobody from Vermont want to insult a college kid? Also, I would think that since we are all supposed to be grown up, we could find a better way to get our points across without calling the kids names and making statements like Christmas not being the brightest bulb. I just read that one.

Do. Not. Ever. Go. In. The. Chatroom.

I just stayed in bracket mode after the loss (Cuse and NCAA related)... it just kept my mind off the disaster from a few hours earlier.

I was on the road during the game and listened on the radio. When I got back home (TSN - Canadian Network) was showing a tape delay of the game, that did not start until after 10:00. I had no interest in watching it knowing the result. So I tuned into other games,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom