Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

Eh I wouldn't read to much into that. Had there been a HS season this past year I think SU would probably have 2 or 3 guys. That said the lack of top 100 players is a concern despite 2021 being a smaller class and more midfield oriented after the haul of attack recruits for 2020. Definitely expect more for 2022 now that March has a year under his belt at SU. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot more flipping going on this fall.
Why do you think the cancelled spring season effected Syracuse but not their ACC rivals? The top 15 is all Duke, UNC and UVa.

Why do you think the cancelled spring season effected Syracuse but not their ACC rivals? The top 15 is all Duke, UNC and UVa.

Those guys already had numerous players in the top 100, SU has a couple of guys in the 2021 class who were close to the top 100 players that I think could have broken in if there was a full season. Other schools probably would have seen the same thing with others having players dropping out.

Not trying to get people too excited, but Dom Pietramala is lighting it up right now on ESPNU and Quint mentioned schools that he may be considering once 9/1 rolls around and listed Denver, Loyola, Penn St, and Syracuse. He is probably a top 3 recruit in the 2022 class. I was surprised to hear those schools listed since I had heard he was looking at Ivy caliber schools in the past.

First Spallina is going to Cuse, now Dom Petro too? I don't care what Quint Kessenich said on TV, there's no way the son of Dave Pietramala is going to play for the Orange. Come on lol. Quint probably just threw that in there to troll Hopkins alumni

Class of 2020 isn't playing. For what reason? I have no clue, I was wondering the same lol

Because they graduated? They literally aren't members of the team or students at those high schools anymore.

Even if they did include class of 2020 in this tournament, Hiltz still wouldn't have played because none of Culver's Canadian players made the trip given the pandemic

First Spallina is going to Cuse, now Dom Petro too? I don't care what Quint Kessenich said on TV, there's no way the son of Dave Pietramala is going to play for the Orange. Come on lol. Quint probably just threw that in there to troll Hopkins alumni

Dude there's no need to add some hyperbole to every post about a Potential SU recruit. Absolutely no one said Spallina is going to SU and no one thinks Dom is ending up here. Are you even an SU fan?

Last edited:
Not trying to get people too excited, but Dom Pietramala is lighting it up right now on ESPNU and Quint mentioned schools that he may be considering once 9/1 rolls around and listed Denver, Loyola, Penn St, and Syracuse. He is probably a top 3 recruit in the 2022 class. I was surprised to hear those schools listed since I had heard he was looking at Ivy caliber schools in the past.

Id be very surprised if Dom ended up at SU. IVY or Denver makes a lot more sense. I could see Yale or Princeton if he goes IVY. Cornell maybe as well but for some reason I can't picture him there despite his dads history there. I can't see Loyola either. Denver is a dark horse.

Dude there's no need to add some hyperbole to every post about a Potential SU recruit. Absolutely no one said Spallina is going to SU. Are you a Hopkins fan or something?

You for real? There is an entire thread here devoted to the kid based on the fact that he wore a Syracuse hat once and there are people already giving him #22 and investigating how many Cuse players follow him on Instagram. Maybe we should start there

You for real? There is an entire thread here devoted to the kid based on the fact that he wore a Syracuse hat once and there are people already giving him #22 and investigating how many Cuse players follow him on Instagram. Maybe we should start there

Dude are you new here or something? We put threads up on every recruit that we know for sure SU is pursuing. Have you read the fball or bball board recruiting boards? Absolutely no one said he was a lock for Syracuse. A thread on a player doesn't mean the board thinks he's coming here, the fact I have to explain that is scary.

Dude are you new here or something? We put threads up on every recruit that we know for sure SU is pursuing. Have you read the fball or bball board recruiting boards? Absolutely no one said he was a lock for Syracuse. A thread on a player doesn't mean the board thinks he's coming here, the fact I have to explain that is scary.

Yes, dude, I am new here. You can see that on the left side of your screen where it says the date I joined. Do you not allow newcomers?

No interest in fball or bball really. Came here to talk lax. If that's not allowed let me know

Yes, dude, I am new here. You can see that on the left side of your screen where it says the date I joined. Do you not allow newcomers?

No interest in fball or bball really. Came here to talk lax. If that's not allowed let me know

My site set up doesn't show the amount of posts or join date, only the posters name. (I use pub only, you can adjust at the bottom of the screen/page). As this set up gives me full access to the different thread responses ie like dislike angry funny etc.

Your certainly more then welcome here, we have new posters join every year. I probably should have checked to see if you were a new poster.

For future reference we set up player threads on multiple threads usually for local guys or guys we know SU is after or committed. Once we do that posters will include updates and their thoughts on the player. A good portion of the posters on the lax board here are well versed in the sport and the D1 landscape. We know Spallina is a tough hill to climb and ABC was just noting what Quint said, no one thinks Dom is coming here.

Thanks for posting this, I am pretty surprised to hear this. Nice to be in the conversation for any top player. It seems like in the past any player that wasn’t going to a “high end” academic school was bound for SU. But as we’ve seen with the growth of the game they have more competition these days with the schools listed. I’ve long looked at rosters for DU, Penn State and some others and thought 10-20 years ago they would probably be at SU. Doesn’t explain all of SU’s “slide” but it’s part of it

A poster on fan lax says PSU is the front runner for Dom Petro FWIW. Given past history on internet rumors it probably means he isn’t heading there, but felt worth sharing. Would honestly feel better if he went an Ivy but it is what it is

Not everyone's format allows them to see how many posts you've made. So ... welcome. Sit back, relax and enjoy talking LAX. You'll learn a lot from the people that post here.