Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

Maybe a thread here or there with some of the big names committing or some of the local’ish’ kids committing…

Anyone know if SU is looking at Tom Gravino, from Victor? Has an Army offer, and probably a Navy offer coming up.

Not sure, but the team started following a bunch of the '23s on social media (instagram in particular) and he was one of them. Millon, Lehman, Benn Johnston, Duffy, Jake (and Brett) Spallina, Wambach, Deere, and a whole bunch of others as well. Not sure what it really means but they did this last year on Sept 1st.

Not sure, but the team started following a bunch of the '23s on social media (instagram in particular) and he was one of them. Millon, Lehman, Benn Johnston, Duffy, Jake (and Brett) Spallina, Wambach, Deere, and a whole bunch of others as well. Not sure what it really means but they did this last year on Sept 1st.

SU has offered the Spallina bros from what I have heard (not surprising). Not sure on Gravino but if they are following there is at least some interest. SU has shied away from Victor a bit the last few years but there has been changes on both staffs.

SU has offered the Spallina bros from what I have heard (not surprising). Not sure on Gravino but if they are following there is at least some interest. SU has shied away from Victor a bit the last few years but there has been changes on both staffs.

I wonder if this actually is beneficial to the program from a scholarship standpoint. Assuming the brothers are worthy, you then have three sibilings attending simultaneously, which I assume entitles the Spallinas to some sort of tuition discount or enhanced financial aid. If it costs them less to attend, it may help with the amount athletic scholarship being offered. I assume Joey is on a full-ride.

With the top 10 included, the list of players with Syracuse listed under "prediction now looks like this -

65 - Brock Desmaris (FOGO)
63 - Zach Mesa (D)
60 - Shawn Lyght (D)
59 - Jake Spallina (FOGO) [COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE]
46 - Tommy Stines (D)
39 - Brett Koopman (LSM)
36 - Jacob Pacheco (SSDM)
32 - James Carroll (LSM) [Georgetown]
31 - Tucker Kellogg (M) [COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE]
27 - Connor Foley (G) [Brown]
22 - Cole Webber (D)
21 - Anderson Moore (G) [Georgetown]
15 - Roman Buono (D)
13 - Donny Scott (D) [COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE]
12 - Quinn Cepiel (M) [Brown]

9 - Brady Wambach (FO) [UNC]
7 - Kyle Lehman (A/M) [Penn St]
6 - Hunter Speiss (D) [Princeton]
4 - Leo Hoffman (M) [Penn]
3 - Benn Johnston (M) [Duke]
2 - Owen Duffy (A)
1 - Mac Christmas (LSM)

Encouraging to see so many of the top 10 listed with a Syracuse prediction. Again, important to keep in mind that most of these players have a lot of schools listed under the prediction section, and again, not sure what these are based off of. But again, good to see.

Seems like between Lax Playground, IL and NLF, the order is different but Christmas, Duffy, Hoffman, Millon and Johnston seem to be the top five. Getting one of those five would be huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the top 10 included, the list of players with Syracuse listed under "prediction now looks like this -

65 - Brock Desmaris (FOGO)
63 - Zach Mesa (D)
60 - Shawn Lyght (D)
59 - Jake Spallina (FOGO)
46. Tommy Stines (D)
39 - Brett Koopman (LSM)
36 - Jacob Pacheco (SSDM)
32 - James Carroll (LSM)
31 - Tucker Kellogg (M)
27 - Connor Foley (G)
22 - Cole Webber (D)
21 - Anderson Moore (G)
15 - Roman Buono (D)
13 - Donny Scott (D)
12 - Quinn Cepiel (M)

9 - Brady Wambach (FO)
7 - Kyle Lehman (A/M)
6 - Hunter Speiss (D)
4 - Leo Hoffman (M)
3 - Benn Johnston (M)
2 - Owen Duffy (A)
1 - Mac Christmas (LSM)

Encouraging to see so many of the top 10 listed with a Syracuse prediction. Again, important to keep in mind that most of these players have a lot of schools listed under the prediction section, and again, not sure what these are based off of. But again, good to see.

Seems like between Lax Playground, IL and NLF, the order is different but Christmas, Duffy, Hoffman, Millon and Johnston seem to be the top five. Getting one of those five would be huge.

With your permission, I'll bookmark this page, and update it as these kids commit.

FWIW, Syracuse got their first verbal commit from Zach Mercado last year on 9/2. So, hopefully we don't have to wait too long for a commit. Of course Joey Spallina didn't commit till the 9/16 so might have to wait a while for the "big" names to announce.

I think I read that Millon's father wanted to go to SU back in the day but wasn't recruited and ended up at Umass?

Now that the recruiting of the ‘23 class has begun is the ‘22 class complete?

Now that the recruiting of the ‘23 class has begun is the ‘22 class complete?

Most of the top kids are already off the board, but flips happen.

Signing period for the '22 Class begins Nov 10, 2021.

Syracuse helmet
That was a McDonogh helmet haha. Wouldn't mind him coming to join Joey though of course
Unknown.jpeg