Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

23 class will be around 11 players. Class is already at 8. Probably will add 3 midfielders.

Thomas Gravino, a midfielder from Victor was in for a visit a few weeks ago. Beleive he is #48 on the IL list. Any word on where he might be considering? Would be great to reestablish a link to Victor.

Cuse doesn't have much money left to give these guys. I would be looking at UVA, Maryland, and UNC for Millon and Duffy. Beacham has a brother at Maryland already. Nikolic seems like a Penn/Penn State guy maybe. Banks is Canadian so maybe a chance there but unlikely with Scott and Kilrain already verbaled and all those big time poles in the 2022 class ahead of him as well. My guess for him would be an Ivy or Hopkins.
One would think that UVa having whiffed on Christmas might be after Banks.
Maryland does well recruiting in Eastern PA, so they could be in the mix for Nikolic.

Thomas Gravino, a midfielder from Victor was in for a visit a few weeks ago. Beleive he is #48 on the IL list. Any word on where he might be considering? Would be great to reestablish a link to Victor.

If only we had a former Victor player on the staff... :rolleyes:

One would think that UVa having whiffed on Christmas might be after Banks.
Maryland does well recruiting in Eastern PA, so they could be in the mix for Nikolic.

I wouldn't count UVA out for anybody, but IL said Banks was likely an Ivy recruit so I was going off that. I guess UVA isn't far off. Though these "Ivy" kids do often tend to land at an actual Ivy or somewhere like Duke, Hopkins, Georgetown. You can probably include UVA in that grouping academically along with Notre Dame and Michigan.

Feels like UVA and/or Maryland are going to make a splash given the relative lack of recruits so far. Lot of kids could be waiting on Millon and Duffy. Millon followed UVA assistant Kip Turner on Instagram recently for those who like to read into such things.

I wouldn't count UVA out for anybody, but IL said Banks was likely an Ivy recruit so I was going off that. I guess UVA isn't far off. Though these "Ivy" kids do often tend to land at an actual Ivy or somewhere like Duke, Hopkins, Georgetown. You can probably include UVA in that grouping academically along with Notre Dame and Michigan.

Feels like UVA and/or Maryland are going to make a splash given the relative lack of recruits so far. Lot of kids could be waiting on Millon and Duffy. Millon followed UVA assistant Kip Turner on Instagram recently for those who like to read into such things.

I am very curious to see how this all ends up. From my vantage point it really looks like quite a few high profile teams have not yet gotten many verbals from top recruits. And all of sudden it's looking like most of the top 50 are spoken for. Only 15 of the top 50 have not committed anywhere, including three of the top 10. Maryland and or Virginia could still potentially put together nice classes with what is left, no doubt, but what about schools like Notre Dame (two top 50 players), UNC (usually has one or two top 10 players, so far shut out), or Hopkins (only two commits including one four star) or Denver? To say nothing of the Ivy League. Also, it's not like any other teams are "done" recruiting, so the work is far from over.

To your point about Syracuse not having much money left to give out, that is probably true but other schools also went big last year - UVa had three of the top 10 recruits, and UNC and Maryland were the only other schools, along with SU and UVA, to bring in three Five Stars. They might not have a lot of money to deal with either.

It's really a fascinating list of schools that are doing well right now. If you were to do a Top Class list right now, a lot of unfamiliar names would pop up, including Princeton, Navy, Georgetown and Michigan. It's a little hard to compare recent classes since, frustratingly enough, IL has Top 50 for the '23 class, but only has done a Top 10 for the '22. I might be wrong but it does feel like a top team might be left out in the cold went it comes to year's list of recruits.

I am very curious to see how this all ends up. From my vantage point it really looks like quite a few high profile teams have not yet gotten many verbals from top recruits. And all of sudden it's looking like most of the top 50 are spoken for. Only 15 of the top 50 have not committed anywhere, including three of the top 10. Maryland and or Virginia could still potentially put together nice classes with what is left, no doubt, but what about schools like Notre Dame (two top 50 players), UNC (usually has one or two top 10 players, so far shut out), or Hopkins (only two commits including one four star) or Denver? To say nothing of the Ivy League. Also, it's not like any other teams are "done" recruiting, so the work is far from over.

To your point about Syracuse not having much money left to give out, that is probably true but other schools also went big last year - UVa had three of the top 10 recruits, and UNC and Maryland were the only other schools, along with SU and UVA, to bring in three Five Stars. They might not have a lot of money to deal with either.

It's really a fascinating list of schools that are doing well right now. If you were to do a Top Class list right now, a lot of unfamiliar names would pop up, including Princeton, Navy, Georgetown and Michigan. It's a little hard to compare recent classes since, frustratingly enough, IL has Top 50 for the '23 class, but only has done a Top 10 for the '22. I might be wrong but it does feel like a top team might be left out in the cold went it comes to year's list of recruits.
Maryland occasionally gets somewhat shutout, but Tillman is pretty resourceful.

Unfortunately hearing that UVA and ND are the leading contenders for Millon and Duffy, respectively. Really hope I'm wrong! But it's the same source (a top club coach) who told me about Deere visiting Cuse and look how that one turned out.

Unfortunately hearing that UVA and ND are the leading contenders for Millon and Duffy, respectively. Really hope I'm wrong! But it's the same source (a top club coach) who told me about Deere visiting Cuse and look how that one turned out.

I don't believe SU is in play for either. I don't think they are even recruiting Millon.

Obviously dissapointing, but not surprising. Like Jeremy said, I don't think anyone on here realistically thought Millon was an option (I don't think McDonough has ever sent a player to Syracuse, in recent memory at least). I thought Duffy would pair well with Spallina and the links to Team 91 and St. Anthony's might be a connection - but both those programs send kids to lots of schools. With Spallina, Thomson, Leo and Deere coming in over the '22 and '23 classes, the attack should be in good shape.