Recruiting and "Scandal" | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting and "Scandal"

SkanSU

Starter
While Jeremy Grant's dad has said they remain 110% committed to SU it seems a bit different for DC2. According to PS Coleman indicated in a text message that he, "did not want to comment about whether he remains committed to Syracuse 'until I know more information'"

While Jeremy Grant's dad has said they remain 110% committed to SU it seems a bit different for DC2. According to PS Coleman indicated in a text message that he, "did not want to comment about whether he remains committed to Syracuse 'until I know more information'"
I think that's fair.

I'm pretty sure it will be tough for him to get out of his signed loi unless SU releases him. I'm also pretty sure that you cannot tamper with recruits once you sign an loi but that probably wouldn't stop it from happening - maybe through back channels.

I would imagine DC is coming here unless the unthinkable happens and we clean house so everyone who hes grown up with and recruited him is gone. Cant blame him for taking a wait and see approach.

I think I would be more concerned about the effect this will have on next few classes, especially if this doesn't come to some sort of resolution.

I think I would be more concerned about the effect this will have on next few classes, especially if this doesn't come to some sort of resolution.
Exactly, which is why imo, Boeheim staying on for this year and next is HUGE. We are pretty much a National Title contender this year and next. By this time next year we could very well be the #1 team in the nation and this story will have been resolved and faded away.

Sucks though because if im not mistaken we were set up for a ridiculous recruiting class next year. Not sure if I see that happening now.

I didn't think he had actually signed a LOI yet. Didn't he just verbal to SU?

One thing in the article that struck me is how important Grant's relationship with Autry is. His dad says that is the reason he stays "110%" committed to SU.

One thing in the article that struck me is how important Grant's relationship with Autry is. His dad says that is the reason he stays 110% committed to SU.
Autry is a beast recruiter. Bigtime.

Coleman signed his LOI. He's not going anywhere.

I was a little worried about coleman when all this broke. You can gurantee that Calapri has contacted him to say he can still come to kentucky if he changed his mind.

Coleman's main recruiter was Hop. So I assume unless any changes are made to current coaching staff, that the 2012 class should be just fine. My major concern is for the 2013 class because we all know that everybody will negative recruit the hell out against SU. But hey according to JB himself we'll kill them all if they want to negative recruit lol.

My hope, as far as recruiting goes, is that JB coaches through 2012-2013. If he stayed longer, great, but I hope he gives us at least 1+ season and then he can turn the keys over to Hop.