Recruiting talent map | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting talent map

Side note

Numbers skewed by kids moving to play for big programs

IMG in Florida for example, has had recent five star prospects who hailed from Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, and Virginia.

The parochial in NJ have had kids from NYC, PA, and even CT.

So yes, while the overwhelming majority of high end talent lies south of the mason Dixon line, there are numerous prospects from other states that skew the numbers in their favor.

Florida is crazy, it’s a gift that we play FSU as a rivalry game every year going forward. Good exposure for our program.

Somewhat surprising with the talent coming out of Cal, Texas, Florida, that USC, UCLA, Texas, Tex A$M, Florida , Florida St, Miami FL haven't won more consistently lately.

Somewhat surprising with the talent coming out of Cal, Texas, Florida, that USC, UCLA, Texas, Tex A$M, Florida , Florida St, Miami FL haven't won more consistently lately.
A lot of booster and admin issues at the schools you list. While not intuitive, that has a huge impact on a team’s performance.

Shame we don't seem to have much success in Pennsylvania as we used too.

Really hope with our Camden resurgence we can get a resurgence in Philly area.

Would love to add a killer recruiter as one of our coach hires with strong philly ties - outside the box name Deion Barnes at Penn State.

Last edited:
NY has more 5 star players than over half the country? That’s not a thing I would have bet on
New York also has about 10 times the population as many of those states they are above in 5 star recruits.

Shame we don't seem to have much success in Pennsylvania as we used too.

Really hope with our Camden resurgence we can get a resurgence in Philly area.

Would love to add a killer recruiter as one of our coach hires with strong philly ties - outside the box name Deion Barnes at Penn State.

I remember when Larry Johnson was Penn States DL coach (later Ohio State) they pretty much owned the top DL recruits in the east. Finding coaches in his mold is likely the key to getting quality recruits.

NY has more 5 star players than over half the country? That’s not a thing I would have bet on
Yes, the unpopulated half. And we're the 4th most populated state.

I’d like to see 4 stars, I don’t think NY has had a 5 star in what? 10 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom