Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting

SkanSU

Starter
Timefor this thread ... again. Where are you Jake and Francis?

Johnnie Vassar (6'0, 160# PG) from Chicago (class of 2014) has listed SU as an offer.

Altho we were never in for Mitch McGary ...just as some info. Cancelled his visit to Kentucky Midnight Madness and rumor has himheading for ?Michigan? I though he would be a wrap for either Duke or Florida!

Vassar visited us this summer. I believe his sister goes to Su also, if i remember correctly.

Just read Goodluck Okonoboh been offered by SU as well (old news probably) ... Love the name tho. Think of the roster ... We have Goodluck, Noel, and Christmas,along with Fab. How could a team lose with those names!!

Did Poythress definitely verbal to UK? I know rumors broke last week his AAU coach or somebody said it was a "done deal" to UK

Vassar visited us this summer. I believe his sister goes to Su also, if i remember correctly.
Does she play sports or is she solely a student. She's not on the basketball roster.

Did Poythress definitely verbal to UK? I know rumors broke last week his AAU coach or somebody said it was a "done deal" to UK
From everything I have read and seen to date Poythress has not "officially" committed to Kentucky at this point ... I do believe that he is a very heavy lean toUK though.

From everything I have read and seen to date Poythress has not "officially" committed to Kentucky at this point ... I do believe that he is a very heavy lean toUK though.
Just checked on EPSN recruiting site... no commit yet... rather see him at a place like Memphis

Just checked on EPSN recruiting site... no commit yet... rather see him at a place like Memphis

The 4 schools still on his list include Vandy, UK, Memphis, and Florida. He just knocked Duke out of consideration (guess he doesn't want ACC competition) ... Anyway, Keith Easterwood (self-proclaimed? AAU expert) from Memphis says Poythress a lock for Kentucky and their 2nd commit.

Dunno much about Vassar as far SU is concerned. JaQuel Richmond should be the 2014 PG with an offer already IMHO.

McGary after he visited Michigan was considered to be a heavy lean for them along with Duke. I would've thought UK would be more of an factor but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Poythress is most likely to come down to UK and Vandy, but it's not a done deal for UK yet. He's more of an 3 than 4, so it wouldn't have much of an impact on DC2's recruitment.

I thought we had a good shot with Vassar since he took such an early visit. However, I read that he transfered again - this time from a Mass (?) school to something of a bball factory in Indiana. Apparently, the school he now attends his a direct pipeline to both Purdue and Indiana. So Im not sure thats looking good for us.