Red MUST win a National Championship | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Red MUST win a National Championship

Coach L didn’t coach his best game. Not doubling the bigs, not fouling with 2 to give at the end of the first half, not pressing much in the 2nd half. I never criticize him, but he accepted defeat tonight.

Coach L didn’t coach his best game. Not doubling the bigs, not fouling with 2 to give at the end of the first half, not pressing much in the 2nd half. I never criticize him, but he accepted defeat tonight.
Ive never considered him a good in game coach

lol "nearly died"

Just to put things in perspective, our winning percentage the past 10 years was .66. Only 7 programs in all of college basketball have a historical win percentage greater than that.
How many programs have a better winning percentage than us over the past decade? That’s the proper comparison, not historical win %.

Program was on a significant decline in the last decade under JB. That’s undeniable. Red has to turn it around to a standard of Top 25 rankings, conference championships, top 4 seeds in the NCAA’s, Final Fours and aiming for National Championships. I’m grateful for the program JB built but he should have retired after the 2013 or 2016 Final Four. We’ve slipped pretty far and need to get back to elite level. The last decade, especially the last 7 years has been some of the worst SU basketball in the past 70 years.

The personal attacks on this thread are not necessary. Enough. And with the hate too. If UConn wins, they deserve it, so be it.
I was attacked first. Fair game as far as I’m concerned.

As for UConn, blah. Can’t stand them and wish them the absolute worst. Go SDSU.

They’re not going away. They have a top five class coming in next year including two five star recruits. I think we have an unranked recruit coming in. They have some elite shooters. SU doesn’t have an elite shooter on the roster. That is still our biggest problem and we aren’t addressing it in the portal.

Uconn about to win their 5th title in 24 years isn’t luck.

Luck is probably too strong. Fortunate in how things shaped out in 2 of their 4 and somewhat for their 5th? Absolutely. You have to get some breaks to win multiple titles. They have most certainly been one of the richest programs in the country in that sense.

That goes a number of ways. Look at their roster. Without a doubt, while the stats don't jump off the sheet - the contributions from Karaban are massive. Just so happens a local kid from Mass. Then Clingan- literally as just about as local as it gets. That's two key pieces basically dropped onto their doorstep.

Add in- they were the most dominant team early in the year( I posted about this back then) in a season with the least amount quality at the top in a long time. Case in point being just how poor the 1 and 2 seeds really were. Kudos to them for being that one team.. but it's not without being very fortunate too that the season has mostly lacked a top tier.

They are far from the best team in college basketball this year.
No one in the final four is close to them they’d beat all by 20. They had similar results in non conference play.

They got incredibly lucky with their path but are in line to win it all without any close games other than Iona.

Kinda wish we did that...
That’s why I’m concerned that bell is returning. Did red promise him minutes along with Taylor and Cope? These guys need to be 6-7/8th men at best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom