Ref's LOL.... | Syracusefan.com

Ref's LOL....

That's absolutely the worst I've ever seen bar none

I saw that in my daughter's 7th grade game today. Except they called it there.

The guy did a dance lol, I would have put my fist through the tv if that happened to us.

That cost EMu the game correct? That shot was a game winner?

Good lord I'd be losing my mind if I was an EMU player, coach or administrator

Particularly awful, given that EMU's coach is former SU asst. coach Rob Murphy.
OMG do I have to be paranoid and think all former SU players turned coaches, or even former assistant coaches, get a perpetual screw job from now on?

That is not meant as snark BTW.

I know it takes alot of guts to say this...
but I actually don't see much of a foul there.
On all four reach ins they appear to be going to tie it up not slap it away. And they are slower reach ins you don't see them come in quick and rake the arm in the process. And they really aren't grabbing the arm as well on the play, maybe rolling off the ball alittle.
Our traps consist of the same type of ball try attempt to tie up more then to slap away when they pick up the ball.

The travel probably could have been called one step though, they let it play.

We also don't know the circumstances maybe there is some make up going on from a few plays ago.

A reach in you slap the arms, a tie up you try to grab the ball. Its kind of like the block rule. Ball before body or jumping straight up and down/away from the offensive guy you get the benefit.
Anyone else slightly agree and gutsy enough to give a like?

Last edited:
On all four reach ins they appear to be going to tie it up not slap it away. And they are slower reach ins you don't see them come in quick and rake the arm in the process. And they really aren't grabbing the arm as well on the play, maybe rolling off the ball alittle.
Our traps consist of the same type of ball try attempt to tie up more then to slap away when they pick up the ball.

We also don't know the circumstances maybe there is some make up going on from a few plays ago.

A reach in you slap the arms, a tie up you try to grab the ball. Its kind of like the block rule. Ball before body or jumping straight up and down/away from the offensive guy you get the benefit.
Well, I guess 78 steps doesn't constitute a travel, but like you said officials can't catch every little thing. Looks like the kid got away w/ one. And yea that took alot of brass to post that

Oh my, that's more puzzling than the video itself. So you're down two without the ball, the game is about to end, and you're only going for a clean steal or tie-up?

I tuned in last night for about 5 minutes of the Cavs - Bulls game. I saw one play, in the 4th quarter, where Lebron steals a pass and takes about 4 small steps around another guy before starting his dribble toward the other end. Which of course ended up with him making a layup and getting a foul call (it was a very weak foul - weak because the Bulls defender was weak with his foul - foul like you mean it or get the heck out of the way).

Anyone see that one?

Maybe the refs in the EMU game are just used to watching NBA games.

I mean, at one point after Ball State gets the ball both teams appear to stop playing.....when both teams stop playing because the calls are so obvious, you got a problem if the whistle ain't blowing. They all appeared to stop after the 42nd travel, held ball situation...

That was bad. Very bad.

I tuned in last night for about 5 minutes of the Cavs - Bulls game. I saw one play, in the 4th quarter, where Lebron steals a pass and takes about 4 small steps around another guy before starting his dribble toward the other end. Which of course ended up with him making a layup and getting a foul call (it was a very weak foul - weak because the Bulls defender was weak with his foul - foul like you mean it or get the heck out of the way).

Anyone see that one?

Maybe the refs in the EMU game are just used to watching NBA games.

Both James and gasol had horrible travels that weren't called

It's well known a lot of travel goes in the NBA but these were REALLY bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom