Refs | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Refs

There were other plays to be made in the game, but either both out of bounds hits were roughing or neither was. It shouldn’t be that difficult to have some consistency.

I thought the roughing call and drop on 3rd down both probably helped decide the game.

I would add in the Pass Interference call in the end zone. That looked like a good break up to me. Where else is his off arm going to be except behind the receiver? He wasn't grabbing him, IMO.

fwiw, ESPNU college football final this morning led with the juxtaposition of the 2 quarterback oob plays, the first a penalty against Cuse, the second a no-call on Clemson. So at least the discrepancy was noticed nationwide, or perhaps espn is our home field?
Will it matter? Not yet, but it is a step. These calls were at least noticed nationwide.

Refs missed calls ALL day. On us, against us. They couldn't even be consistent in their terribleness. It would have been nice to have had an officiated game.

Refs missed calls ALL day. On us, against us. They couldn't even be consistent in their terribleness. It would have been nice to have had an officiated game.

Sorry, but get lost with that shtt. If you didn't see the difference between the calls in the first half and the second half, I suggest you find it online and go back and watch again. That was atrocious, and the calls went against us at about the same rate as the Ohio State Elite 8 game with Vern Lundquist, after ESPN blew up the Bernie Fine "story".

This ref controversy gives folks a reason to keep Clemson out of the playoff if the need arises. Consider it a safety valve if the big money conferences want to find a reason to exclude them. ESPN and others have already set the stage.

Sorry, but get lost with that shtt. If you didn't see the difference between the calls in the first half and the second half, I suggest you find it online and go back and watch again. That was atrocious, and the calls went against us at about the same rate as the Ohio State Elite 8 game with Vern Lundquist, after ESPN blew up the Bernie Fine "story".
I did. The refs SUCKED. No rhyme or reason in the second half. They just made things up. We were jobbed.

2018 was 111th.

And you can call it undisciplined but why is it other teams get away with nonstop blatant stuff? This game is just an example of that. Late hit called on us and then Clemson gets away with 2 of them on our next series. Blatant holding not called on Clemson at end of the half (0 on them all game) then Syracuse has 4 holdings called on them in one half. That's just shady officiating.. period.
Totally true a d announcers said the same called it home cookin

Watch the replay and you can see green between the Clemson QBs foot and the out of bounds line when Fuentes hit... Now search Kenny Pickett fake slide and tell me that you are sure the Clemson QB was giving himself up short of the first down on 3rd and long with the game on the line and truly feel Fuentes made a bad decision

Clemson fan lying about Wax’s penalty in the first quarter. He was corrected in the replies by other Clemson fans, but no correction or retraction.

That was atrocious, and the calls went against us at about the same rate as the Ohio State Elite 8 game with Vern Lundquist, after ESPN blew up the Bernie Fine "story".

Oh f@&$ yes right into my veins

Mike Glennon.

No argument that MW made a boneheaded play on the QB helmet scrape. He was properly flagged. However, on the replay above, notice that he makes the perfect play. Just stands in the guy's way - no possible gain past him unless the QB barrels into him. No need for the other hit. I'm sure both young men will learn from these plays.

Last edited:
Did you think the illegal man downfield no call vs nc state was fair? Did you post about it after the game?
it wasnt an illegal man down field though. it was more like PI

No that’s not the rule. The rule is that if a QB is determined to be giving himself up as he runs to the sideline you can’t hit him.

You disagree that he was giving himself up. That’s fine.
where is that in the rule book and was he giving hilself up the other 10 yds he ran up the sideline? what he the ref missed that he stepped out on his last step and he keeps running?

Maybe they need to add an illegal contact foul on the out of bounds plays and/or roughing plays? A 15 yard penalty and auto first down is a huge penalty. IMO neither of the plays deserved that. But if you have a 5 yard penalty available for the refs, they can make a call not get yelled at and it isn't a game changing play. Kind of like running into vs roughing the kicker.

So for Clemson they get a 4th and 10 at our 42 yard line vs having a 1st and 10 at our 32.

For SU we get a 4th and 9 at our 26.

I don't. Watch the replay. The OL for Clemson gives him a shove in the back that pushes him into the QB.
Yeah that makes this a bit harder. I didn't see that during the game but saw that after from this thread and the Clemson guy providing a shove makes a difference. Ultimately this kind of call should be reviewable.

Clemson fan lying about Wax’s penalty in the first quarter. He was corrected in the replies by other Clemson fans, but no correction or retraction.

Hilarious...do those idiots know he was called for a penalty?