Refs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Refs

I'm not going to analyze the psyche of people I've never met and know nothing about.

Objectively, going from receiving a punt to defending a 1st and 10 at your own 30 - on the road, against a top-5 team...yeah, I think that's kind of a big deal.

Also, LOL at the " still two scores up in the fourth quarter" part...technically true, but a bit disingenuous, don't you think?

If the idea is that one bad call can change the entire outcome of a game, then that implies quite a bit of fragility that the team can’t pick themselves up and take care of business still up by eleven.

It’s not really disingenuous. They could’ve held them to a field goal, or turned them over on downs (I don’t think it’s be the first time they did that in the game.)

And still, I mean, just one offensive series in a half where they still scored zero (0) points. Bland bad clock mgmt or not feeding Tucker but rEfS sTOle iT is just so far down my list.

Next year when these kids grow up watch out. Need to keep White what a coach. Guys brilliant.
Open the checkbook for him, for sure.

If we’re going to be a serious football program, we cannot lose him to be a DC at another school. Only way he should be leaving here is if he gets a head coaching job or an NFL job.

I mean….he wasn’t running like a severely injured player.
That’s what I thought. Clemson D was definitely spying Shrader in the second half, so maybe they picked up on something?

If the idea is that one bad call can change the entire outcome of a game, then that implies quite a bit of fragility that the team can’t pick themselves up and take care of business still up by eleven.

It’s not really disingenuous. They could’ve held them to a field goal, or turned them over on downs (I don’t think it’s be the first time they did that in the game.)

And still, I mean, just one offensive series in a half where they still scored zero (0) points. Bland bad clock mgmt or not feeding Tucker but rEfS sTOle iT is just so far down my list.

Our O crapped the bed in the 2nd half. But their O was also crapping the bed until that play. After that they played better. Without that play do they gain momentum back?

I notice you left out 2018. Bad teams are undisciplined and commit penalties and all those years we were bad. Has more to do with coaching than anything else.

2018 was 111th.

And you can call it undisciplined but why is it other teams get away with nonstop blatant stuff? This game is just an example of that. Late hit called on us and then Clemson gets away with 2 of them on our next series. Blatant holding not called on Clemson at end of the half (0 on them all game) then Syracuse has 4 holdings called on them in one half. That's just shady officiating.. period.

I mean they LITERALLY fumbled on the 3 or whatever for a return TD earlier in the game. But once that penalty occurred our Dline was paralyzed

2018 was 111th.

And you can call it undisciplined but why is it other teams get away with nonstop blatant stuff? This game is just an example of that. Late hit called on us and then Clemson gets away with 2 of them on our next series. Blatant holding not called on Clemson at end of the half (0 on them all game) then Syracuse has 4 holdings called on them in one half. That's just shady officiating.. period.
Did you think the illegal man downfield no call vs nc state was fair? Did you post about it after the game?

I mean they LITERALLY fumbled on the 3 or whatever for a return TD earlier in the game. But once that penalty occurred our Dline was paralyzed

No once they had the ball first and ten on our thirty we were pre-ordained to lose actually. That’s why GS threw that pick into triple coverage because he was still so shook from that bad call.

We had them. Laying a goose egg in the second half lost the game. We are never going to get calls against Clemson anywhere let alone in Death Valley.

What pisses me off is our veteran Oline is the only unit not depleted by injuries yet they shyt the bed game in and game out.

It's pretty disingenuous. To start the 4th, the score was 21-10, and Clemson had the ball 1st and goal at the 3. Given Clemson's run game and Syracuse's difficulty stopping the run, what do you think the odds were of Syracuse holding Clemson to a FG or turning them over on downs?

Yes, I do think the call - given the context of the game and situation - was a big factor. But I never said that it "changed the entire outcome of the game" or that "the team can't pick themselves up and take care of business still up by eleven". That's you strawmanning.