Rehfuss entering the transfer portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Rehfuss entering the transfer portal

Unsure if they will keep the same schedule as last year given all that is going on, but last year Media Day was January 8th. Have to imagine things get wrapped up by then, the first practice was the following day.

I suspect the holidays are slowing the appeals process down...these things tend to move slow as molasses to begin with and now throw in the holiday break/new year/administrators on vacation and it could take awhile. I would expect to know more next week.

Respect broader viewpoints but imo this specific matter should be closed out with minimal repercussions after putting it into context and perspective. Not to minimize but DPS came days later after hearsay of a gathering to inquire, the overage was not large nor was there any crazed party. Studies had been remote with interactions confined to small internal grouping and practice. Player testing is done frequently with fortunately no positive cases. Individuals were held accountable for infraction, admonished and penalized . Lesson learned, not to be repeated. No examples or symbolism are necessary. Message on strict adherence received. Be fair decision to close matter.

Was just wondering if an athlete's punishment for breaking a University rule is missing a number of games what's the equivalent punishment for a non-athlete? Maybe both athletes and non-athletes are suspended from school and that is what leads to the missing games?

Was just wondering if an athlete's punishment for breaking a University rule is missing a number of games what's the equivalent punishment for a non-athlete? Maybe both athletes and non-athletes are suspended from school and that is what leads to the missing games?

Violating COVID rules can get you either a one semester suspension or possibly an expulsion from SU.

At a minimum they can kick you out of university housing for a semester.

Violating COVID rules can get you either a one semester suspension or possibly an expulsion from SU.

At a minimum they can kick you out of university housing for a semester.
That's not the minimum. They can give a lesser punishment, such as probation, which basically means you get suspended for another infraction. It's not inherently different than any other rule violation in that the level of infraction determines the severity of the discipline. If you throw a Hollywood style feat party with mud wrestling, you're gone. If you host 15 people for a dinner party, you might be ok.

I alluded to this earlier, and others here have heard differently, but what I heard was that they received the same punishment a non-athlete would get: full semester suspension from campus. It had nothing to do with lacrosse specifically but the obvious consequence of a semester suspension is that you don't get to play lacrosse. That is the decision they are/were appealing. Might be wrong, just what I heard through the grapevine. I never heard anything about an initial 5-game suspension. I feel like schools don't typically hand out disciplinary action in that way.

In any case, hope everyone has a happy new year and this is solved soon with a favorable outcome.

I alluded to this earlier, and others here have heard differently, but what I heard was that they received the same punishment a non-athlete would get: full semester suspension from campus. It had nothing to do with lacrosse specifically but the obvious consequence of a semester suspension is that you don't get to play lacrosse. That is the decision they are/were appealing. Might be wrong, just what I heard through the grapevine. I never heard anything about an initial 5-game suspension. I feel like schools don't typically hand out disciplinary action in that way.

In any case, hope everyone has a happy new year and this is solved soon with a favorable outcome.

Which players? Besides Rehfuss, who is it?

Which players? Besides Rehfuss, who is it?

I don't know exactly but based on IL's and Chris Jast's reporting you can make some educated guesses. I would expect some combination of the starting midfield to be included, though probably not all of them. It's possible Rehfuss is the only one to enter the portal thus far because he's the only one of the group with just one season of eligibility left.

Unsure if they will keep the same schedule as last year given all that is going on, but last year Media Day was January 8th. Have to imagine things get wrapped up by then, the first practice was the following day.

Some schools have already begun practices but it's unlikely that lax practices are resuming soon given this announcement delaying the start to academic semester. If schedules aligned, then team preparation would be rather hindered.

Dear Students, Families, Faculty and Staff:

A new year is upon us, and soon the spring semester will be underway. Over the holiday break, we have been closely monitoring developments with COVID-19. It has become increasingly clear that the next several weeks will likely be among the most difficult our country and Central New York will experience since the onset of the pandemic. As a result, Syracuse University will begin the Spring 2021 semester and residential instruction on Monday, Feb. 8, and conclude on Friday, May 21. Move in for campus residence halls will take place the week of Feb. 1. This decision was made in consultation with the Onondaga County Health Department.

Starting our semester two weeks later best positions us to resume residential instruction in a manner that safeguards the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and the Central New York community. First, it provides some distance between the expected post-holiday surge of cases and our return to campus. Second, it increases the possibility that some of our campus’ frontline workers will be vaccinated prior to the start of the semester. This includes our health care staff in the Barnes Center, who administer medical care to our students. The delayed start also gets us closer to the time when vaccines will be more widely available across the country. As we have from the start of the pandemic, Syracuse University continues to make decisions based on science, data and public health guidance.

You will hear more in the coming days and weeks about move-in logistics, testing and quarantine requirements, and additional information as our students prepare to return to campus. Mask wearing, social distancing, reduced capacity and other public health precautions will continue to be in place when you return next month. Like last semester, it is on all of us to keep ourselves and those around us safe, healthy and together.

I thank the dedicated team that worked through the holidays to develop plans for us to return to campus safely. It is that same determination and Orange spirit that will carry us forward to better days ahead in 2021. I look forward to welcoming you back to campus next month.

Sincerely,
Chancellor Kent Syverud

Some schools have already begun practices but it's unlikely that lax practices are resuming soon given this announcement delaying the start to academic semester. If schedules aligned, then team preparation would be rather hindered.

Dear Students, Families, Faculty and Staff:

A new year is upon us, and soon the spring semester will be underway. Over the holiday break, we have been closely monitoring developments with COVID-19. It has become increasingly clear that the next several weeks will likely be among the most difficult our country and Central New York will experience since the onset of the pandemic. As a result, Syracuse University will begin the Spring 2021 semester and residential instruction on Monday, Feb. 8, and conclude on Friday, May 21. Move in for campus residence halls will take place the week of Feb. 1. This decision was made in consultation with the Onondaga County Health Department.

Starting our semester two weeks later best positions us to resume residential instruction in a manner that safeguards the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and the Central New York community. First, it provides some distance between the expected post-holiday surge of cases and our return to campus. Second, it increases the possibility that some of our campus’ frontline workers will be vaccinated prior to the start of the semester. This includes our health care staff in the Barnes Center, who administer medical care to our students. The delayed start also gets us closer to the time when vaccines will be more widely available across the country. As we have from the start of the pandemic, Syracuse University continues to make decisions based on science, data and public health guidance.

You will hear more in the coming days and weeks about move-in logistics, testing and quarantine requirements, and additional information as our students prepare to return to campus. Mask wearing, social distancing, reduced capacity and other public health precautions will continue to be in place when you return next month. Like last semester, it is on all of us to keep ourselves and those around us safe, healthy and together.

I thank the dedicated team that worked through the holidays to develop plans for us to return to campus safely. It is that same determination and Orange spirit that will carry us forward to better days ahead in 2021. I look forward to welcoming you back to campus next month.

Sincerely,
Chancellor Kent Syverud

Athletics are separate from the resumption of classes and the remaining students being on campus. I believe practice is scheduled to start shortly.

i havent read the entire thread here but Trimboli has been working out most break in Victor with Cuse gear on.

Just to add more fuel to the rumor mill, I spoke to a pretty good source who indicated there are 8 total players implicated (including Rehfuss) and that based on the identity of those individuals, if they lose their appeals, the results will be pretty much nuclear for the team's chances this season. Appeals apparently have already begun or will begin next week.

Lesson learned: Account > Privacy Settings > Block > "Kent Syverud"

Just to add more fuel to the rumor mill, I spoke to a pretty good source who indicated there are 8 total players implicated (including Rehfuss) and that based on the identity of those individuals, if they lose their appeals, the results will be pretty much nuclear for the team's chances this season. Appeals apparently have already begun or will begin next week.

Yes, lesson learned for the players involved.

Ughhhhh.

Just hoping for at least something like the guy who hosted whatever it was loses the appeal but some in attendance get it overturned or reduced. I know appeals don't usually work out but these are unique circumstances with no past "caselaw" for anyone to make predictions with

I haven't heard that many players are involved but its more then just 1-2. I do believe the process is playing out now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom