Rehfuss entering the transfer portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rehfuss entering the transfer portal

Not sure if this is grounds to feel better or not, but in these photos from the "last scrimmage of the fall" we see Curry Dordevic and Trimboli playing. Would maybe suggest that at least they are not involved in the disciplinary appeal process but who the hell knows.

I don't know if I would read into that much, think that might have been taken a while ago (not sure when the actual last fall scrimmage was, but don't think they were playing in December). Scanlan, Porter, Kennedy and the three midfielders are my main concern, but kind of worried that if an upperclassmen was the first to be identified, more will be upperclassmen. This is really frustrating.

Took a buzz through some players instagrams and didn't see anything that would be a sign of trouble. Scanlan posted a picture somewhat recently hyping the team (and tagging Rhefuss). No one that I saw changed their profile from identifying themselves as SU lax players (though neither did Rhefuss yet). Dordevic posted a picture of him, Phaup and Curry in Florida. Anyways, best just to be patient, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure this out (as I am currently doing).

Ya like I said, 2 or 3 certain names would be bad, real bad. That said IL's idea of noteworthy doesn't exactly mean disaster but there a few young guys who I definitely don't want to see mentioned.
Im hearing there are big names to follow and there is a lot going on behind the scenes to prevent this exodus. Not all texts I receive are 100% but, this will be really bad news if it happens

I don't know if I would read into that much, think that might have been taken a while ago (not sure when the actual last fall scrimmage was, but don't think they were playing in December). Scanlan, Porter, Kennedy and the three midfielders are my main concern, but kind of worried that if an upperclassmen was the first to be identified, more will be upperclassmen. This is really frustrating.

Took a buzz through some players instagrams and didn't see anything that would be a sign of trouble. Scanlan posted a picture somewhat recently hyping the team (and tagging Rhefuss). No one that I saw changed their profile from identifying themselves as SU lax players (though neither did Rhefuss yet). Dordevic posted a picture of him, Phaup and Curry in Florida. Anyways, best just to be patient, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure this out (as I am currently doing).

Since the portal is not a guarantee that a person is leaving, I am hanging on to the best case scenario, which is that this is just a precautionary measure by Rehfuss incase they do actually bring the hammer down, since his eligibility is up after this year no matter what and he would be done with college lax forever if he got axed. Sounds like there is still at least a slight chance that either nothing happens at all or there is maybe just a partial suspension for a certain amount of games as a compromise.

Im hearing there are big names to follow and there is a lot going on behind the scenes to prevent this exodus. Not all texts I receive are 100% but, this will be really bad news if it happens

Thanks CR, less then promising news to say the least. I assumed the staff especially Desko was working hard to minimize the potential damage. Hopefully he is successful because when you use the term "big names" that is a real bad sign.

If there is a major exodus I hope the chancellor and Wildhack are prepared for an S storm of major proportions coming SU's way.
There has to be some type of compromise at the end of this right? Missing the start of the season or something to that effect? If they are fully kicked off for this then they better have thrown 3 of the biggest most super spreader parties of the year and not just been found at some random place with a half dozen people one time.

That being said it shows a terrible lack of discipline and respect for the team that they even allowed this situation to happen in the first place. It doesn't matter how BS one might think the rules are, I am sure they knew the rules fully and crossed the line anyways. Unacceptable.

Expulsion? Seems extreme, unless they threw a ripper. But i could see schools forcing kids to stay off campus. Thatd be reasonable but would probably prevent an athlete from participating in sport.

There has to be some type of compromise at the end of this right? Missing the start of the season or something to that effect? If they are fully kicked off for this then they better have thrown 3 of the biggest most super spreader parties of the year and not just been found at some random place with a half dozen people one time.

That being said it shows a terrible lack of discipline and respect for the team that they even allowed this situation to happen in the first place. It doesn't matter how BS one might think the rules are, I am sure they knew the rules fully and crossed the line anyways. Unacceptable.

SU has suspended ordinary students for COVID violations before. If Rehfuss or the other guys get suspended for the Spring semester, they're screwed. Who knows if expulsion is on the table?

Hopefully they just attended someone else's party and weren't hosting their own.

Without knowing the full extent of what the event or events were its hard for me to say strongly one way or another but I would agree with you on both of your thoughts. A huge mistake was apparently made by players who should know better but what kind of punishments are we talking here? If they are a serious as is being portrayed we have a problem.

Without knowing the full extent of what the event or events were its hard for me to say strongly one way or another but I would agree with you on both of your thoughts. A huge mistake was apparently made by players who should know better but what kind of punishments are we talking here? If they are a serious as is being portrayed we have a problem.
And of course it had to be a chunk of our elite offensive starters making this mistake. Couldn't be a 4th string goalie and a couple benchwarmers. "Mostly middies on the offensive side of the ball." It's like someone is writing the worst nightmare scenario possible for cuse fans.

I want Refhuss to return. Good player, better kid.
Gonna let story unfold before casting any stones at these young men. Syracuse has been overly strict (for good reason n to good result) but also possible that school discipline is over the top for a single infraction and will be rightfully challenged and resolved before any departures. Let's not pretend that adults have followed guidelines to a T (I haven't ) or assume any infraction was egregious or repeated.

Let's hope that the school isn't being unreasonable, that the athletes are not being made examples of and that this comes to a (cooler) head sooner than later.

Hearing from sources that several 5 game suspensions were handed down (1/2 the season ) ..have not heard full season suspensions but possible - seems strange that a 5th/6 year would leave at this stage of their career even if 5 game suspension / any of our first line guys would still come back and make a huge impact after 5 games ..unless the real issue is that they are fully suspended for season

In the case of rehfuss , if not fully suspended for season , may realize Hiltz likely takes his job and he’s done after 5 game suspension ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom