Rehire Shafer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rehire Shafer

It was the right choice to let Shafer go from a business decision. With that being said, we'll never know if he's a good coach or not because I think the majority of coaches given the job at Cuse will need 4+ years to show whether they're successful. the fact of the matter is, with a new AD, they're going to be looking for someone who can be successful in less than 3 years.

Great way to go out. Emotions need to stay out of business decisions though.

Emotions need to stay out of on the field football decisions also. Sometimes with Shafe his emotions go the best of him. As a human this is a great attribute. Less so for the head of a major outfit.

Anyone who thinks Shafer or any future SU HC would say no to the NFL is kidding themselves. Was Coach Mac a selfish bs artist because he left SU for the Patriots? Give me a break.

I think the point is that there a plenty of people that are upset that it didn't work out with Shafer. Not the debate of whether he should or should not have been retained as HC. There are plenty of threads already discussing those points, I'm sure you won't have trouble finding them

I think the point is that there a plenty of people that are upset that it didn't work out with Shafer. Not the debate of whether he should or should not have been retained as HC. There are plenty of threads already discussing those points, I'm sure you won't have trouble finding them
I thought and still think we needed to replace Shafer, but that does not mean I do not wish it had not been necessary. Shafer is a decent guy, unfortunately that is not enough to be the head coach.
Wish he had been an more successful HC, would have not minded that. I still do not believe he had what it takes in many respects.
Goodbye and best wishes for the future.

Of course, Coach seems like a really good man, I don't think anyone was rooting against him, the results just weren't there. Its time for this program to move in a different direction.

The advertising tells all for this thread. When I first clicked on it the ads were for Dress Barn and hormone supplements. Pulls up your panties, gents, there will be a new coach in town shortly. And thank you to a true gentleman, Scott Shafer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom