Relief | Syracusefan.com

Relief

These kids did us proud tonight. On a night when Rak was quadruple teamed and the game rules were altered such that there was not such thing as a foul against Rakeem Christmas... the guard play was really sensational and Silent really put on a show.

The kids are playing really hard with their hearts completely in it and you can see that we are going to get some significant play from these kids next year. The improvement is really becoming apparent in Kaleb Joseph and especially Gbinije and Roberson has had his moments recently as well. Although we are all disheartened by the NCAA travesty, if one can look beyond it there is much to be excited about in the future for the program.

Significance of tonight's win - we clinch our 45th consecutive winning season. Would have been an abject disaster to lose the streak this year on top of everything else.

Agree. If they lost tonight the winning season streak gets dicey

That BJ Johnson kid...too bad he's transferring am I right?! Gotta love the midseason "KID X IS GONNA TRANSFER!" nonsense. His stroke was on tonight, good for him. Hopefully he can build off that and the rest of this year show us some glimpses for next season.

JrodCuse said:
That BJ Johnson kid...too bad he's transferring am I right?! Gotta love the midseason "KID X IS GONNA TRANSFER!" nonsense. His stroke was on tonight, good for him. Hopefully he can build off that and the rest of this year show us some glimpses for next season.
that's what you get when you get a chance and you're not looking over your shoulder every 5 seconds.

I agree, I just think its so silly everyone beating the transfer drum for such a young kid. If we didn't let program kids develop we wouldn't ever have any.

that's what you get when you get a chance and you're not looking over your shoulder every 5 seconds.
Nice article on syracuse.com this morning about how Boeheim specifically encouraged him to go for his shot when he's in there. I was wondering what Roberson did wrong that BJ got into the game so quickly and stayed, but maybe Boeheim decided he was going to give him a chance to play and he wasn't "punishing" Roberson. (?)

Apparently BJ also predicted how the game was going to go down. I wonder how he thinks the Duke game is going to go?

or when you play the worst most unathletic team in conference. Happy for him but lets see it against Duke, Louisville, Virginia before we start with the "why isnt he playing " nonsense

or when you play the worst most unathletic team in conference. Happy for him but lets see it against Duke, Louisville, Virginia before we start with the "why isnt he playing " nonsense
BC is terrible. The worst team by far in the ACC, imo.

They dont guard anybody. Easy to make wide open shots without someone in your grill.

They should of kept Donahue. He knew what he was doing. I'm not sure Christian does. BC is one of the worst job's in the conference. They are the Providence of the ACC.

Nice article on syracuse.com this morning about how Boeheim specifically encouraged him to go for his shot when he's in there. I was wondering what Roberson did wrong that BJ got into the game so quickly and stayed, but maybe Boeheim decided he was going to give him a chance to play and he wasn't "punishing" Roberson. (?)

Apparently BJ also predicted how the game was going to go down. I wonder how he thinks the Duke game is going to go?
Just not a good night for Tyler (didn't get out on a few threes early) and BJ did. I'm very happy for him, and hope this builds some confidence going forward. Both of these guys will be fine in the long run.

They hired a guy who wasn't good enough for TCU. They fired Skinner and Jagz. Just the definition of an incompetent athletic director.

Then the new AD chose Christian over Hop. The tradition of incompetence continues

Did some quick research. Looks like 45 is the second longest streak in NCAA Division I history although I just checked the usual suspects (insert Kaiser Soze reference here.) Chasing UCLA's record of 54 straight that started in 1948-49 and was snapped in 2002-3.

which is why BJ and G had great games!

i agree with your premise, but just to play devil's advocate... is 4 for 13 a great game? not a single one of them was covered really, and i bet at least 50% of college athletes can make 4 out of 13 shots if u stand them at the 3 point line and say "go"...

Last edited:
i agree with your premise, but just to play devil's advocate... is 4 for 13 a great game? not a single one of them was covered really, and i bet at least 50% of college athletes can make 4 out of 13 shots if u stand them at the 2 point line and say "go"...

Great game only in the sense that he scored 12 more points than he usually scores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom