Remembering Dan Johnson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remembering Dan Johnson

Tom, much thanks. So much I want to say right now, but let me start with two things:
I had a very relaxed, easy commute this morning and it was all due to your post and Dan. I just thought: look at the good in life, keep a positive perspective. No kidding, it helped a ton with what is normally a very frustrating part of my day.
Second, I was always the kid to take a dare, always the kid who pushed my friends into a road trip, excursion, event.

Dan and I would have enjoyed each other's company. I will watch that movie soon.
Thanks again.

Tom, your personification of the man behind Orangeyes will create a lasting image for many of us on who Dan was and how he lived his life.

Dan was already a legend around here. You just added to that legend and, for me at least, the legend of Tomcat.

Thank you...

And the -- "All you can eat, baby!" -- line... might have to steal that one while I pay it forward.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I absolutely love that line and that mentality. Something I strive for in my life but often fail at. I will work harder at it now knowing the result might be having a life and effect as positive as Dan's life was.

Thanks Tomcat for sharing with us. Thoughts are with you and all of Dan's friends today.

I've been consumed by other things and have lacked time to be on the board, but heard Dan had passed and had to stop by. Tom, I appreciate your sharing memories of Dan. I saw him just a handful of times but he always recognized me and came over to chat. The more I talked with him, the more impressed I was. I honor his life, his accomplishments, his dedication, his friendly way, his love of life, and and mostly the impact he had on ME. He made everyone he met a better person and that includes me. He continues to inspire me and though I didn't know him well, I honor the memory of a good man that made the world better. Thank you, Dan, for sharing yourself with us. It was a great pleasure...

I've been consumed by other things and have lacked time to be on the board, but heard Dan had passed and had to stop by. Tom, I appreciate your sharing memories of Dan. I saw him just a handful of times but he always recognized me and came over to chat. The more I talked with him, the more impressed I was. I honor his life, his accomplishments, his dedication, his friendly way, his love of life, and and mostly the impact he had on ME. He made everyone he met a better person and that includes me. He continues to inspire me and though I didn't know him well, I honor the memory of a good man that made the world better. Thank you, Dan, for sharing yourself with us. It was a great pleasure...

Thanks to you, Tomcat and several other posters who have been extremely adept at being able to sum up Dan in such a beautiful, accurate and descriptive way, and in essence, how we all feel about him.

I don't think Dan could be described any better. Thank you Tomcat. He is someone I admired and will remember not only for his love of SU sports and golf, but for his enthusiasm for life. I will miss him.

Since you introduced me to Dan, much thanks to you - I thought of you when I heard the sad news a couple days ago; hope all is well.

For Tomcat, excellent job of writing what must have been your most difficult post on this board. Thanks for doing it, and thanks for having been such a great friend to Dan and his family during this spring and summer.

Tom, this is really fantastic--thanks for sharing these memories. I thought of you over the weekend, as I knew you guys were tight and used to play golf every week (and I know you also visited Dan all the time in the hospital). So very sorry for your own loss my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom