Richardson has sure turned it around | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Richardson has sure turned it around

I think he has good vision, but he has more turnovers than assists on the season and struggles with the simpler passes. He's a finisher, not a guy good at setting others up to score.

Yeah, his bullet passes rarely work. But he has a tendency to make a brilliant pass every once in a while that shows you the glimmer of what he could be.

He's reformed his mechanics a little and returned to the form he showed in November (when I was surprised to not have read about the clean shooting stroke of our new recruit). He's squaring up and starting his release a little lower - not exactly a set shot, but it's a slower and longer release now.

This guy's going to be a good player; he can do a little of everything. And if Syracuse ever decides it wants to play transition basketball again, he could be a big part of that - able to grab a rebound and fire a quick outlet (hopefully to someone in uniform on the court) or take it downcourt himself.

He has sort of a flat shot to begin with, but when he was struggling he seemed to be going with more straight line drives (like a Rak free throw, but less extreme obviously).

I think he has good vision, but he has more turnovers than assists on the season and struggles with the simpler passes. He's a finisher, not a guy good at setting others up to score.

I think he's pretty good at that - we have some people that are slow to react on offense. If you watch our guys play off the ball you see a failure at times for them to put themselves in good positions to receive the pass. Roberson does that a bit - fails to cut/present himself for a pass, or he watches and then crashes the board instead. We don't make it easy on the guy off the bounce to dish all the time. G is probably the best at seeing the open space and moving to it for the pass. He plays PG though...so it don't matter much.

I agree with what you're saying on the simple ones though...I just think his assist numbers would be SLIGHTLY (not extremely) better if we were better moving off the ball.

Not to agree or disagree, but a big part of this is he is THE GUY off the dribble. Gbinije is getting there also. I don't mind them getting 5-6 on occasion 7 turnovers a game together. The other guys got to watch them though.

Its like MCW, more then Dion. They let him drive by them and played the far passing lanes for the long pass, while encouraging mcw to take it all the way to the rim to stop Southerland. I imagine the same thing happening next season as hes to good of a shooter. Not to mention we haven't exactly been good at 3-8 feet for a quick dump assist where mcw had fair, but it is getting better.

Lydon, battle and gbinije have more of the backdown and shoot over his man around the freethrow line kind of guys, but that will take a huge unlikely in one year change in thier ability to shoot over the defender, and would depend on their ability to take advantage off the dribble around the rim.

I just love dribble drive and pullup basketball. Especially at this level where mismatches don't make for glorified all star games like every game in the nba.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom