Rick Pitino / David Padgett / Louisville | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rick Pitino / David Padgett / Louisville

AAsA6Ik.img
© Dylan Buell / Getty Images Sport / Getty

1 800 imsoscrewed.
ricky don't lose that number.

Good presser FWIW. Seems like a sharp guy. Well spoken.

Interim just means they need a warm body to take up space until after the season when they rebuild their program and staff.

Interim just means they need a warm body to take up space until after the season when they rebuild their program and staff.
Or until the FBI's cross hairs land directly on him.

yep. i think they will take the penn state approach: suffer through this year then pay big to get a great coach who can rebuild the program as quickly as possible.

I'm thinking it might be longer than that after the dust is settled.
oh, it will be several. but you pay big to get the coach in place to begin rebuilding the culture. psu gave franklin 10 years guaranteed knowing they would be non-competitive for the first few but he rebuilt them more quickly than most could have imagined.
let padgett take the beatings this year and maybe even next and then get your big fish. i still think they will try to lure billy donovan. they need someone of that stature

actually this year they could still be really good if the admin doesn't do pre-emptive self penalties (player suspensions/dismissals) - roster is still top-3 ACC good as of now

oh, it will be several. but you pay big to get the coach in place to begin rebuilding the culture. psu gave franklin 10 years guaranteed knowing they would be non-competitive for the first few but he rebuilt them more quickly than most could have imagined.
let padgett take the beatings this year and maybe even next and then get your big fish. i still think they will try to lure billy donovan. they need someone of that stature
Wonder how Westbrook impacts Donovan now.

Seems like a good hire, and like a pretty moxy guy. I hope he does well (except against us), and can bring some peace and pride back to a program and fan base that I know is hurting right now.

My Louisville nephew texted me during his lunch break, "Peggy, help!!!! I can't take any more. I feel so betrayed." I know most board members feel happy about this, but I feel great compassion for the Ville's players and fans.

I feel no joy over this. I always had much respect for Pitino and what he'd accomplished. I'm quite sad to see this fall apart like this.

Just wondering - During his press conference did any reporter ask Padgett if he knew anything about the illegal activity going on by the head coach and other assistant. Does anyone believe he had no idea?

Just wondering - During his press conference did any reporter ask Padgett if he knew anything about the illegal activity going on by the head coach and other assistant. Does anyone believe he had no idea?
Couldn't find on YouTube. I suppose the interim period could be considered the 15 days or whatever Pitino has before he officially kicks rocks. Their website still lists Ricky as HC and Padgett as Acting Head Coach.

As I said before, he's been the Director of Basketball Operations for the last two years. If a HC is expected to be "in the know", how is the director not? Very hard to believe he was seemingly the only one in the crew flying straight and never heard a peep. It's a bad look to promote anyone who's been a part of that program.

When the prostitute scandal broke, my biggest question was where the money came from. I suspected Rick but it seems more clear where it actually came from. I wonder if this will be looked at by FBI. Especially since it involves sex crimes with minors. Also, could it be a federal offense that they came across state lines?

Couldn't find on YouTube. I suppose the interim period could be considered the 15 days or whatever Pitino has before he officially kicks rocks. Their website still lists Ricky as HC and Padgett as Acting Head Coach.

As I said before, he's been the Director of Basketball Operations for the last two years. If a HC is expected to be "in the know", how is the director not? Very hard to believe he was seemingly the only one in the crew flying straight and never heard a peep. It's a bad look to promote anyone who's been a part of that program.

When the prostitute scandal broke, my biggest question was where the money came from. I suspected Rick but it seems more clear where it actually came from. I wonder if this will be looked at by FBI. Especially since it involves s e x crimes with minors. Also, could it be a federal offense that they came across state lines?
The director of ops is like the 4th assistant and he can't recruit. It's entry level and since you can't recruit it's unlikely he would have contacts and be meeting kids so it's unlikely he would have the contacts to get bribes or put people together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom