Ricky Ledo checking out of Providence and headed to the NBA... | Syracusefan.com

Ricky Ledo checking out of Providence and headed to the NBA...

LOL the Prov board must be melting down, they have been saying he was a lock to return next year. God that fanbase is living in denial.

I guess Ledo did about everything he could accomplish in college.
Reminds me of George Eastman's suicide note: "To my friends: my work is done. Why wait?"

I will say I enjoy the anger that Providence fans give UConn fans, but I feel no sympathy for Providence as they and Seton Hall have received more welfare NCAA credits from the rest of the Big East conference since 1994. If somebody like Ledo is declaring we can assume Michael Carter-Williams isn't too far behind.

LOL the Prov board must be melting down, they have been saying he was a lock to return next year. God that fanbase is living in denial.

By any measure, you have to admit that losing a kid to the NBA, especially for a program like Providence, when he never even played one second for your team, has to really suck.

They may have earned a short stay in denial.

I remember when people around here wanted Ledo. Thank god we didn't get him.

By any measure, you have to admit that losing a kid to the NBA, especially for a program like Providence, when he never even played one second for your team, has to really suck.

They may have earned a short stay in denial.

Would be beautiful if he caused them an APR problem on the way out.

They should hook up with Rutgers and form one big giant support group. "Hi my name is Rodney and I'm a recovering Rutgers fan".

Thanks for sharing Rodney! Keep coming.

If that isn't just another example of how messed up the NBA draft rules are, I don't know what is. They watched his practice and decided he was good enough to be a first rounder? Playing against the guys on that team would make a lot of people look like a first rounder. Like CJ Fair. And James Southerland.

Somewhere, cuseguy is crying for his adopted team. ;)

@AdamZagoria: One veteran NBA scout told me he recently saw Ricky Ledo shoot the lights out at a Providence practice and was blown away.

@RobDauster: A coach said this abt Ricky Ledo: "he's the single worst human being I'd ever been associated with on a basketball court", "program killer"

@AdamZagoria: One veteran NBA told me he recently saw Ricky Ledo shoot the lights out at a Providence practice and was blown away.

@RobDauster: A coach said this abt Ricky Ledo: "he's the single worst human being I'd ever been associated with on a basketball court", "program killer"

I love quotes like that second one - sounds like a charming young man.

Wow, that veteran NBA S(c)OUT should come see me - I can shoot the lights out in practices too! I can make like 150 power lay-ups in a row too!!

Who knew it was so hard to post the word 's c o u t' still around here...

I went to watch MCW play when he was at St. Andrews in prep school. Ledo played with him one year before he transferred to South Kent. I obviously am not any kind of NBA scout, but I would never spend a draft pick on him. Michael was always barking at him on the court like he didn't know the plays or where he should be. Michael was by far the best player on the court that day. If you have questions about Michael's ability to play in the NBA, what does that say about Ledo?

Story about Ledo. Played against Albany City Rocks. I was looking forward to getting our butts kicked because i knew Coleman was on this team. He wasn't on their team for whatever reason this tournament, so I was like AWESOME! Definitely have a chance... Little did I know about this freakin Ledo kid. Best offensive player BY FAR I have ever played against. Has the whole arsenal. Lengthy and literally does not miss. NEVER. EVER. He would either pull up from 30 feet and drill it, or if we got on him he would just blow by our whole team and do some crazy finish. He's unreal. TOTAL ass tho. A coach I up here said he is the most arrogant kid you will ever meet.

:rolling:
Dude didn't even play a minute. Not a minute.
S c o u t: "Are you sure?"
Ledo: "Trust me, I'm good. Real good."
S c o u t: "Sold!"
Scary thing is, he is honestly that good. But his reputation as a person isnt that good so I do not envy him one bit

Feel bad for Ed Cooley. He's been so close to getting the ship righted.
This is a digression but I had the privilege of meeting and doing some work with a number of coaches between Thursday and Sunday. Of everyone, Cooley is the one that made me say "if I played basketball, I would LOVE to work hard for that guy every day." I really hope he gets himself somewhere that's a little easier to sell and becomes a giant success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom