RIP Bobby Knight | Syracusefan.com

RIP Bobby Knight

No comment

Bob Knight was the consummate ahole. But, he was also one of my favorite coaches, and an all-time great. I was a kid in '76 when his team was undefeated, and my Dad used to ride me with: " You keep acting up and we'll find you a coach like Bobby Knight to stay on your azz"!
I always admired the kids who went to IU knowing exactly what they were getting into...but doing it anyway. RIP to "The General".

Three Year Letterman is a great twitter follow.

Especially if you're in the market for a waterbed.
Or are an aficionado of vintage globes

The type of discussion we’re having about Bob won’t be the last time we’re having this type of discussion.

In 2010, Knight was doing color commentary for ESPN. He consistently said that SU was the best team and the best defensive team in the country. All of this before Arinze went down. He wasn't wrong.

Over the years I've learned to make a distinction between personality and character. Knight had a jacka-s personality. Difficult, overbearing to his own detriment. Early in his career, he had loads of character, holding his players and his program to standards beyond what the NCAA required. Sadly, as time went on, he lost that, too. He had all the signs of early dementia, although I don't know that it was ever a diagnosis. Genius often comes with problematic side effects. Knight was always a genius and problematic.

Over the years I've learned to make a distinction between personality and character. Knight had a jacka-s personality. Difficult, overbearing to his own detriment. Early in his career, he had loads of character, holding his players and his program to standards beyond what the NCAA required. Sadly, as time went on, he lost that, too. He had all the signs of early dementia, although I don't know that it was ever a diagnosis. Genius often comes with problematic side effects. Knight was always a genius and problematic.
Nope. I had a client that was a player on his 1976 team. He told me that there was no money to go there but there was plenty of money once you were there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom