RIP Brooks Robinson | Syracusefan.com

RIP Brooks Robinson

384120555_908011537354490_5895535089660014921_n.jpg

:(

RIP
Brooks Robinson was the GOAT third baseman IMO. The greatest defensive third baseman in MLB history.

Played for the Orioles from '55 - '77, was a 15 time All- Star, won 16 consecutive Gold Gloves, most in MLB history, led AL third basemen in fielding percentage eleven times and assists eight times, both MLB records, elected to HOF '83 first year eligible.

Some of the plays he made were incredible. His play at third base was amazing garnering the "vacuum cleaner" tab.

RIP, Brooks

I saw an interview with Brooks where he said sometimes people would come up to him thinking he was Johnny Unitas and ask for Johnny's autograph. Not wanting to disappoint them, Brooks signed "Johnny Unitas". Johnny did the same thing for Brooks.

Last edited:

He always had that short little bill on his batting helmet - but not his regular cap when fielding. I never knew why.

Not only a great baseball player but he carried himself with class and dignity. I have some great memories of Brooks and those great Orioles teams even though I never rooted for them.

I don't recall seeing him play, but I remember seeing highlights of him single handedly taking down the Reds with his defense in the 1970 World Series.

Will be at Camden tonight to hopefully see the Os clinch the AL East and AL #1 seed. Would've been something to see Gunnar hit that leadoff dinger last night after the moment of silence.

I don't recall seeing him play, but I remember seeing highlights of him single handedly taking down the Reds with his defense in the 1970 World Series.
I did see that Series on TV, the last one played entirely during the day. It was the best defensive performance I have ever seen. He also hit .429 with 17 total bases in five games.
RIP Brooks Robinson

I did see that Series on TV, the last one played entirely during the day. It was the best defensive performance I have ever seen. He also hit .429 with 17 total bases in five games.
RIP Brooks Robinson

That was the "Brooks Robinson Series" and the next year was the "Roberto Clemente Series". RIP to both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom