RIP Carl Vernick | Syracusefan.com

RIP Carl Vernick

Watson Hall. My old home.
1969-Fall ‘72

Watson West 1, baby!

off campus after that

Two of the people I met there are still my closest friends. One was a roommate and pall bearer for both my parents and my oldest son. The other is like a brother to me and we trade SU-sports-related emails almost daily. I'm still in touch with a few others. I was a Best Man for 2 Watson friends and an usher for 3 others. Two were in my wedding party. The wife of one of them (also a dear friend from Class of ‘73) introduced me to my late wife of 40 years.

Some years back, I ran into a salesman at a local running shoe place. He now coaches at the college level but was a former SU track and XC athlete. I mentioned at that, in those days, Watson was not a "destination dorm". He said "it's still not."

I would not have lived in anyplace else. It was very good to me.

There is at least one other board member I know who lived in Watson.

Last edited:
1969-Fall ‘72

Watson West 1, baby!

off campus after that

Two of the people I met there are still my closest friends. One was a roommate and pall bearer for both my parents and my oldest son. The other is like a brother to me and we trade SU-sports-related emails almost daily. I'm still in touch with a few others.

Some years back, I ran into a salesman at a local running shoe place. He now coaches at the college level but was a former SU track and XC athlete. I mentioned at that, in those days, Watson was not a "destination dorm". He said "it's still not."

I would not have lived in anyplace else.

Don’t know which part but my son lived in Watson sophomore year.

1969-Fall ‘72

Watson West 1, baby!

off campus after that

Two of the people I met there are still my closest friends. One was a roommate and pall bearer for both my parents and my oldest son. The other is like a brother to me and we trade SU-sports-related emails almost daily. I'm still in touch with a few others. I was a Best Man for 2 Watson friends and an usher for 3 others. Two were in my wedding party. The wife of one of them (also a dear friend from Class of ‘73) introduced me to my late wife of 40 years.

I would not have lived in anyplace else. It was very good to me.

what is a "destination dorm ?" Is that like a destination coaching job where you aspire to stay for a long time and not use it as a stepping stone to a bigger, better and more prestigious job?

I was in Watson 90-91. Flint for freshman year, then off campus the last 2.

I loved Watson

Asked my son and he said he was 2nd floor and thinks it was called west. Said it’s the best on campus place to live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom