RIP Charles Grodin | Syracusefan.com

RIP Charles Grodin

Too bad...I was watching his Letterman and Carson appearances on Youtube a few weeks ago.

I remember as the dad in the Beethoven movies and on Seinfeld when Jerry gets the bbq sauce in the bottle that looks like him because he's going on his show. Didn't realize he was 86. Rip.

Big fan of his.

My friends and I stumbled upon “Clifford” as middle schoolers. We must have watched it 50 times that summer.

Big fan of his.

My friends and I stumbled upon “Clifford” as middle schoolers. We must have watched it 50 times that summer.
Loved that movie back in the day.

Midnight run is a solid movie that doesnt get enough love

Jonathan Mardukas:
I can't fly.

Jack Walsh:
What?

Jonathan Mardukas:
You heard me, I can't fly.

Jack Walsh:
No, no, no. You're going to have to do better than that.

Jonathan Mardukas:
No I don't have to do better than that, because it's the truth. I can't fly. I suffer from aviaphobia.

Jack Walsh:
What does that mean?

Jonathan Mardukas:
It means I can't fly. I also suffer from claustrophobia and agoraphobia.

Jack Walsh:
Well if you don't shut up, pretty soon you're gonna suffer from fistaphobia.

I really liked his role opposite Kevin Kline in "Dave." I thought they made a great pairing and he helped to ground the admittedly ridiculous plot with the utter sincerity to his role as friend and adviser to the imposter president, Kline. (Sigourney Weaver and Frank Langella were wonderful, too...as well as many others. It's not "The American President," but clearly it's not trying to be. Check it out if you haven't seen it!)

I really liked his role opposite Kevin Kline in "Dave." I thought they made a great pairing and he helped to ground the admittedly ridiculous plot with the utter sincerity to his role as friend and adviser to the imposter president, Kline. (Sigourney Weaver and Frank Langella were wonderful, too...as well as many others. It's not "The American President," but clearly it's not trying to be. Check it out if you haven't seen it!)

I really enjoy Dave also, but it's been awhile since I have seen it. I forgot Grodin was in it until I read his obituary yesterday.

I once caught a fish this big

1621467464536.png

Really good film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors