RIP David Crosby | Syracusefan.com

RIP David Crosby

I must have seen CSN 15 times and CSNY another 3 times. In the early days of AOL, Croz was a very active member in his own message folder. If you posted a question, he's often answer personally.

I've played guitar for about 60 years. I always loved "Guinevere" and spent years twisting my fingers into pretzels trying to play it in standard tuning before learning that Croz had written it in an altered tuning. After that, it became a lot easier. Every time I ever heard David and Graham perform it live, it never failed to elicit goosebumps. Same with Croz performing "Almost Cut My Hair". When we saw CSNY on the opening night of their CSNY2K tour in 2000, David sang it so hard, he literally lost his voice by the end of the show.

There is an old saying "I played the grooves out of the record". I came as close to that as you can when Deja Vu was released during my freshman year at SU. It remains among my 3-4 favorite albums.

I know that very few people who ever worked with David were still talking to him in his later years, and he certainly had his problems and tragedies in life, but his voice was timeless.

Thanks for the music, Croz and may you rest in peace. The great Jeff Beck and Croz in such a short time saddens me very much.

Nice piece on Crosby written a few years back by a Syracuse music legend.

Speaking of the album 'Croz', I was listening to quite a bit of David Crosby today. I was not familiar with his later recordings. Then I came across this song from 'Croz'. My GOD! Chill-inducing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom