RIP - Joan Rivers | Syracusefan.com

RIP - Joan Rivers

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Apparently passed away this afternoon.

Sad. She was a funny lady. Never really appreciated her [always viewed her as more of just that red carpet nonsense she's known for] until more recently, when I heard several of her appearances on Howard and realized how funny of a comedianne she was.

Meanwhile, stock in Dow Corning plummets.

Sory to hear...I always loved her act. She is one of the last comics (comedienne) alive from my childhood. RIP Joan.

81, good run, I'll sign up for that right now, and I'm not all that far away (oy!) Here she is with her original face...and some talented yutes from NYC.

Usually celebrity passings I shrug and move on. Rarely does one upset me but Joan dying does. I coud care less about red carpet stuff, but Fashion Police was must see TV. Lucky for me I caught the last episode last week. In retrospect her voice was very raspy.

I had the opportunity to meet her briefly at a conference we were both speaking at a couple years ago. She came across as super cool, and her session was awesome. Truly sad day.

pfister1 said:
Apparently passed away this afternoon.
so she becomes the third then...sad. Was jut on letterman and was quite good

image.jpg

TV is playing a recent random clip where she took on a bunchof street idiots protesting against Israel. She was awesome. At 81 years old she was still a force to be reckoned with. Too bad her body gave out. Sad day and its my birthday.

Meh. She had a mean streak. Never found her that funny. Hard to imagine anyone welling up in tears over her death.

'...took on a bunch of street idiots protesting Israel.' Sorry, as a Jew, I'd probably side with the 'street idiots'.

Seeya.

Meh. She had a mean streak. Never found her that funny. Hard to imagine anyone welling up in tears over her death.

'...took on a bunch of street idiots protesting Israel.' Sorry, as a Jew, I'd probably side with the 'street idiots'.

Seeya.
Self Loath much? The Muslims would love nothing better than to kill every living Jew.

Seeya.
Really? Not the first 'graph. Everyone deserves their own opinion. The second 'graph? Not so much...

Yeahyeahyeah, self-loathing Jew. Use your brain before you respond reflexively.

My point was that AlaskaSU described people who have the nerve to criticize Israel as 'street idiots'. Just as reflexive as labeling any Jew who would criticize Israel as 'self-loathing'.

Not the point. Point is that 'self-loathing' is a term that is used reflexively, often as a means of dismissing/minimizing someone's point of view. And, people who disagree are not necessarily 'street idiots'.

You're STILL one of my fave posters on the board, though. Agree to disagree.

Joan was able to walk a thin line of mocking public figures who had it coming to them and still being able to remain very likable herself. In later years, she lost her mark on that line and was mean to just about everybody. All the same, in her earlier years she was a real trailblazer as a woman comic. She really paid her dues.

It's funny, I know absolutely nothing about fashion, nor do I care about celebrity gossip, etc. but I always found her post-award show "Fashion Police" to be really entertaining.

Not the point. Point is that 'self-loathing' is a term that is used reflexively, often as a means of dismissing/minimizing someone's point of view. And, people who disagree are not necessarily 'street idiots'.

You're STILL one of my fave posters on the board, though. Agree to disagree.
'self loathing', you are. You said that you would side with the Israel protesters. Do you side with ISIS? Is Hamas different from ISIS? You cannot distinguish between the aggressor and the defender, unless you think that Israel is the aggressor, in which case you probably think that the US is the aggressor against Muslims. Maybe you should listen to what Joan Rivers had to say. At 81 she still had so much to contribute that her passing is a true loss.

Whether you live in Israel or the US, Hamas wants to turn you into a lampshade.

Last edited:

Seeya.

For the record, I've always been a big fan of your posts, but this seems like an unnecessary thing to post about somebody who just died, Steve.

First Robin, now Joan. Some of the great comics are gone.

TV is playing a recent random clip where she took on a bunchof street idiots protesting against Israel. She was awesome. At 81 years old she was still a force to be reckoned with. Too bad her body gave out. Sad day and its my birthday.
John Belushi died on my 21st birthday. I learned of it while trying to do 21 shots. Kind of ironic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom