RIP Mike Leach | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Mike Leach

So sad. RIP and thought and prayers to his family. Such a character, he’ll be missed.

From the Miss St board

I wish I had better news, but I’m told UMMC has transitioned into comfort care measures for Coach Mike Leach. It’s essentially hospice care at this point.

I’m told he’s been largely if not totally nonresponsive since the cardiac event yesterday morning.

It appears to simply be a matter of time now. It all seems so unfair. Life is fleeting. Tell those you love how much you love them. Forgive, forgive, forgive.

We will not be working to break the final story. We will respect the family’s timing on all of that. Yes, we have a story ready to roll, but we will now await the official and unfortunate word from the University.

I can’t believe we’re even having these discussions. It’s so surreal. He isn’t just our football coach. He’s Mike Leach, a national treasure. I’m honored to say he was our coach for three seasons. It’s also nice to remember that he’s going out a winner.

Please remember his family, our coaches and players in your thoughts and prayers.

I love you all and Hail State!

You don't hear that much anymore.

Mike Leach made football fun, on and off the field. I remember when Casey Stengel died, somone said "God is getting an earful tonight".

One of a kind. RIP coach
Somebody should string together all of his interviews. It would make a hell of a show. He is, was a great story teller. I recently watched a video on how and why he became a coach. It was very informative and entertaining. Are you Newhouse people listening?

Last edited:
The thing I always loved about Mike Leach was that football just seemed like one of many hobbies/interests for him. Sure it was how he made a living but he had many other passions in life. Pretty refreshing when comparing him to so many others in his profession who eat/sleep/drink/breathe football and football only.

The thing I always loved about Mike Leach was that football just seemed like one of many hobbies/interests for him. Sure it was how he made a living but he had many other passions in life. Pretty refreshing when comparing him to so many others in his profession who eat/sleep/drink/breathe football and football only.
much like chip, he was fascinated with pirates and spent lot of his time probing the subject

That’s exactly the observation I was going to make about him. Mike was an interesting guy for sure

My favorite line from the "fat little girlfriends" tirade: "Everybody wanted to win the game. Nobody wanted to play the game."...A man who understood accountability and was not afraid to identify its absence. Thus, a true teacher.

Somebody should string together all of his interviews. It would make a hell of a show. He is, was a great story teller. I recently watched a video on how and why he became a coach. It was very informative and entertaining. Are you Newhouse people listening?
I just watched a bunch of his classics on Youtube. A true mad scientist with an abundance of character. There was a method to his madness.

He was a lawyer before getting in to coaching if I remember correctly. Truly a one of a kind guy in a cookie cutter profession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom