RIP Rashaan Salaam | Syracusefan.com

RIP Rashaan Salaam

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Rashaan Salaam, a Heisman Trophy-winning former running back, has died, a family spokesperson said Tuesday.

He was 42.

Salaam was found dead Monday night in a park in Boulder, Colorado, where he had played for the University of Colorado. Authorities said there was no sign of foul play.

Ex-Heisman winner Salaam dead at age 42

upload_2016-12-6_16-31-53.png

Rashaan Salaam, a Heisman Trophy-winning former running back, has died, a family spokesperson said Tuesday.

He was 42.

Salaam was found dead Monday night in a park in Boulder, Colorado, where he had played for the University of Colorado. Authorities said there was no sign of foul play.

Ex-Heisman winner Salaam dead at age 42

View attachment 84116
It's too sad. Obviously was on the Colorado team that Cuse beat in the Fiesta Bowl in 1992-93. One of the all time great games to watch.
1993 Fiesta Bowl - Wikipedia

And the game just happens to be on You Tube if you have four hours to watch it. I'll have to table that for off season.

Read on twitter...
@KevinKaduk Crazy: Rashaan Salaam is the first Heisman winner of last 55 years to die. Until today, every winner since Ernie Davis (1961) was alive.

That's an incredible factoid. I'm sure he'll be honored at the Heisman ceremony this weekend.

It's too sad. Obviously was on the Colorado team that Cuse beat in the Fiesta Bowl in 1992-93. One of the all time great games to watch.

And the game just happens to be on You Tube if you have four hours to watch it. I'll have to table that for off season.

Very sorry to hear of Salaam's passing.

The Fiesta Bowl at Sun Devil Stadium remains one of my favorite sporting events that I ever attended. It was a truly great win with the Kirby Dar Dar's reverse KO TD one of the most memorable SU FB plays of all time.

Seeing this made me sad. Those were the days. I often wonder if SU football will ever be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom