RIP Robin Williams | Syracusefan.com

RIP Robin Williams

Saw him perform at Improv in LA like prob 4-5 years back..just showed up, wasn't on the bill, and went on stage. He then hung out at the bar for awhile and chatted with me and some of my friends who are comics. I remember thinking that he was nice, but it was clear something was missing upstairs, hope he has some peace now. Unfortunate for his family.

Terrible. He was a genius, indeed, raw to the bone with pure intellect and talent, and equally plagued by inward strife.

This one is gonna send shockwaves of hurt. RIP, and all the love to his dearest.

Robin Williams passed away due to apparent suicide. RIP one of my favorite actors
behindthecameramork.jpg

Let's see how Whoopi uses this for a ratings boost on The View.

I loved Mork and Mindy, and loved Mork's duel with The Fonz on Happy Days. I was but a wee kid back then, but I remember Robin Williams fondly. I think my true appreciation for him as a performer was when Dead Poets Society came out. I remember thinking "a comedic legend as the lead in a dark drama? Man is this gonna suck." I was blown away by his performance. BLOWN AWAY! He was truly a master of the art, without question. Talented in so many ways. His performance in Good Will Hunting was another gem. And, to be honest, I actually liked the dramatic Robin Williams more than the comedic one...if that's possible.

Mork is finally with Orson. RIP

I loved Mork and Mindy, and loved Mork's duel with The Fonz on Happy Days. I was but a wee kid back then, but I remember Robin Williams fondly. I think my true appreciation for him as a performer was when Dead Poets Society came out. I remember thinking "a comedic legend as the lead in a dark drama? Man is this gonna suck." I was blown away by his performance. BLOWN AWAY! He was truly a master of the art, without question. Talented in so many ways. His performance in Good Will Hunting was another gem. And, to be honest, I actually liked the dramatic Robin Williams more than the comedic one...if that's possible.

Anyone like his role in Insomnia? Thought he was great in that one.

I wasn't a huge fan of his comedy. But you are right - he was quite talented to be able to transition to drama like that. Both Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society were fantastic

Mindy:"Mork, where have you been?"
Mork: " I was in the park - I talked to the pigeons and they agreed to everything."

He was a genius. I don't know if he was a better comic or dramatic actor. For me, Good Will Hunting was his best work. Made me forget it was Robin Williams - and that is saying something.

Thanks for all the memories and RIP.

He seemed like a true manic depressive. Giving off that manic energy for us, while struggling with his own private Idaho.

He was a genius. I just hope he had moments of happiness in his life, it would be so sad to think that someone who gave others so much joy never experienced any himself.

This one hurts. He and I were the same age, and I can empathize. I had feared that this might be how it ended.

Last edited:
A true genius. Mork, Mrs Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting...
Sometimes a genius has a tortured mind.
It must be so hard to play so many parts well but not be able to just play yourself. I think so many actors/actresses have this problem. Where does the role end and the person start?

A true genius. Mork, Mrs Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting...
Sometimes a genius has a tortured mind.
It must be so hard to play so many parts well but not be able to just play yourself. I think so many actors/actresses have this problem. Where does the role end and the person start?

He was brilliant, so talented but he was always manic too. So much energy that I always wondered what would happen when his physical energy waned but he couldn't slow the flood of thoughts that bombarded his brain. Most brilliant comedians are very smart, very serious and very sensitive people. So very sad.

Last edited:
Loved him in "Garp". His performance in the Fisher King is thought by many to be his best work. He was brilliant.
I can watch Good Will Hunting any time it is on. A great movie.

I have a theory that really sensitive and creative people have a greater chance of suffering from depression. Bummer.

I thought that Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters were both just a bit different and both very talented.

What is totally bizarre is the fact that he and Phillip Seymour Hoffman could have shared the same soul, and we lost both of these amazing people within weeks of each other. Way too soon.

Meanwhile we're still stuck with arseholes like Vlad Putin and the ISIS wackos. I'll never understand it.

How can people with so much talent and so much to live for be so self destructive?

Terrible loss:(, what a talented man. I saw him live at the Onondaga County Civic Center in 1986. Bobby McFerrin opened for him, and no one knew who he was. He was Maniac, jumping from one routine to the next, so much so that you couldn't catch your breath because you were laughing your ass off. His dramatic acting was underrated IMO. RIP.

Robin was only exceeded as an improvisational comedian by his idol, Jonathon Winters. Sad day for the world with this talented genius leaving us. Just really feel badly about this one and stage and movie figures don't move me all that much.

Stunning, and so depressing. For some reason this feels much like John Belushi's death, albeit at the other end of a life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom