Ri'Shard Anderson | Syracusefan.com

Ri'Shard Anderson

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
When will he be replaced by Brandon Reddish in the starting lineup?
Thought he was very mediocre against Wagner - benefitted greatly from a few drops.

It's clear he's the weak link in our secondary.

Thought he was very mediocre against Wagner - benefitted greatly from a few drops.

I've been asking this question for the last two seasons now. I hope the answer is: this Saturday.

Our back-ups may be better than the starting line-up in the secondary.

Kid is a five year player, they share the spot, and SU needs everyone to play. Why change now, there's no reason to embarrass the player.

How about play Anderson at the Nickle to get Reddish on the field on all plays. Playing upperclassmen as not to embarrass them by a demotion is not a smart way to win football games...

Kid is a five year player, they share the spot, and SU needs everyone to play. Why change now, there's no reason to embarrass the player.

Um. Because the other kid is better. I don't care who's embarrassed.

This isn't kindergarten tee ball where everyone gets an at-bat.

I thought he should've been transitioning to safety last year already and started there this year. He gets caught flat footed and looking into the backfield off the snap too often but as a safety without specific man coverage responsibility I think he could do well. Possibly a more disiplined Phil Thomas?

Wait...aren't you the same poster that started a thread declaring that Hunt, after leading SU to victory over St Mary's School for the Blind, was better than Nassib?

Ftr, Anderson plays the boundary side CB because he is , by far, the best tackler of the group. Most of the open receivers in the NW game were the result of blown assignments rather than defenders getting beat one-on-one. I'd have to go back and re-watch the Wagner game but I'd rather drop an anvil on my toe.

In your short time here, you seem to have mastered the art of calling out individual players with criticism. Keep up the good work and be sure continue sharing your expert analysis.

Um. Because the other kid is better. I don't care who's embarrassed.

This isn't kindergarten tee ball where everyone gets an at-bat.

How about because in the end it doesn't matter and if Reddish isn't hung up on it there's no need to stir the pot. They play 8/9 guys as a unit, nobody is losing snaps.

Wait...aren't you the same poster that started a thread declaring that Hunt, after leading SU to victory over St Mary's School for the Blind, was better than Nassib?

Ftr, Anderson plays the boundary side CB because he is , by far, the best tackler of the group. Most of the open receivers in the NW game were the result of blown assignments rather than defenders getting beat one-on-one. I'd have to go back and re-watch the Wagner game but I'd rather drop an anvil on my toe.

In your short time here, you seem to have mastered the art of calling out individual players with criticism. Keep up the good work and be sure continue sharing your expert analysis.

Apples and oranges with Hunt/Nassib and Anderson/Reddish. I didn't say anything about the NW game, yet you bring that into the equation. I was only stating what I saw during the Wagner game and have seen over the past two-plus seasons. I was simply stating an opinion - as I was with Hunt being better than Nassib.

Isn't that what message boards are about? Expressing opinions? And then starting a conversation about them? I'm not calling anyone any names - not saying the players should lose their scholarship. Just expressing my thoughts on the team. This is Division I FBS football - I'm sorry that some of you feel as though it is high school and nobody should be held accountable for below average play. They receive a scholarship for a reason.

And getting to the "criticism" of individual players. I was not criticizing Nassib. I was merely stating the belief that Hunt was better. HUGE difference. Have I been critical of Nassib's play in the past? Absolutely - and I'm not the only one. But in this instance, that was not my intent.

I think Ri'Shard Anderson is an adequate D1 football player. I think Reddish displays qualities that are apparent of those that will play on Sundays. I also believe he offers a much better mix of tackling/coverage skills. And I do not believe I'm the only one either.

How about because in the end it doesn't matter and if Reddish isn't hung up on it there's no need to stir the pot. They play 8/9 guys as a unit, nobody is losing snaps.

I can buy that argument. Doesn't change the fact that I'd rather see Reddish on the field during critical junctures of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom