Rob Moore | Syracusefan.com

Rob Moore

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
I hope he was offered a job as the WR coach by Marrone.

And I hope his response was: "After hearing from a lot of fellow SU football alums and how they have been treated, shove it up your *ss."

I think this staff being assembled will be fine. Only (slight) concern is lack of eastern corridor recruiters. But honestly, does it matter where kids come from at this point? I don't care if they're from North Dakota - if they can play, and can help us win games, bring them in.

I hope so, but he's probably wondering why did Marrone take virtually everybody he brought in except for me? Must be cause I'm from Syracuse.

I like this staff so far the real piece will be the OL coach IMO. Also the Bills hired Ike Hilliard as WR coach.

I like this staff so far the real piece will be the OL coach IMO. Also the Bills hired Ike Hilliard as WR coach.

thats a name i havent heard in a while.

what an nfl flop. he was 1 of my favorite non-syracuse players ever. i thought he would be the best ever when i was a kid.

thats a name i havent heard in a while.

what an nfl flop. he was 1 of my favorite non-syracuse players ever. i thought he would be the best ever when i was a kid.

lol yeah just a complete flop he was playing in the league as a starter on many good teams for what, 12 years?!

Interesting the one SU alum (other than himself), he passes over. Moore probably would be privy to any hard feelings between ex players and Marrone, if there was any, so maybe he turned an offer down. Or maybe he likes where he is.

lol yeah just a complete flop he was playing in the league as a starter on many good teams for what, 12 years?!
546 receptions, 35 touchdowns...never had more than 72 catches or 8 touchdowns in a year. Not a flop, but he certainly never lit the league on fire. He only topped 60 catches three times.

546 receptions, 35 touchdowns...never had more than 72 catches or 8 touchdowns in a year. Not a flop, but he certainly never lit the league on fire. He only topped 60 catches three times.

Not everyone can be a star.

It's sad that in our culture you're either a superstar or a flop. Those are good solid career numbers, and I'm sure a number of real flops would've loved to have them.

Not suggesting you think he's a flop jekelish. I just quoted the post because of the numbers.

Yeah, I wasn't taking a side in the discussion. I was implying he wasn't a star or a flop. He was just a decent receiver, which is better than most.

or come back from having your neck nearly broken and your vertebre fused together in your 2nd game in the league. he always fought injuries, but STILL lasted 12 years...most as a starter. wow, good for him, we should be applauding his career.

more catches than swan & stallworth, more yards than swan.

what a flop.

Oh Lord

thats the flop i was talking.

He was a superstar at Fla. And then Reidel Anthony came in and kind of stole his thunder and he became a role player ever since.

this is also coming from a guy who was 12 at the time. so i may not have been the best scout.

or come back from having your neck nearly broken and your vertebre fused together in your 2nd game in the league. he always fought injuries, but STILL lasted 12 years...most as a starter. wow, good for him, we should be applauding him.

more catches than swan & stallworth, more yards than swan.

what a flop.

Oh Lord

stallworth... as in donte stallworth?

is that a joke?

or john stallworth?

you are comparing WR stats between the 2000's and 1970's.

is that a joke?

or john stallworth?

Yeah, and in the 2000's every rule in the book is catered toward offense. I'm only 32 and even I know that the receivers back in the day could be absolutely manhandled, hence the much lower production overall. Stats today are drastically inflated due to the refs and rules.

I heard Moore called Marrone a "poopy pants".

Yeah, and in the 2000's every rule in the book is catered toward offense. I'm only 32 and even I know that the receivers back in the day could be absolutely manhandled, hence the much lower production overall. Stats today are drastically inflated due to the refs and rules.

exactly. and they threw the ball prob 20-40% less further reducing stats.

is that a joke?

or john stallworth?

yep, why not? & 80s. the offenses he played in were more akin to 70s & 80s O than that off the 90s and 00s.

far, far, far, far, less egregious than him being a flop.

i also like busting on HOFers who shouldnt be there.

like them...and aikman.

and now youve gone and upset my make-believe girlfriend, she just drove off...
:rolling:

yep, why not? & 80s. the offenses he played in were more akin to 70s & 80s O than that off the 90s and 00s.

far, far, far, far, less egregious than him being a flop.

i also like busting on HOFers who shouldnt be there.

like them...and aikman.

and now youve gone and upset my make-believe girlfriend, she just drove off...
:rolling:

Did he have a season where he played like the #7 pick?

more than I had

Yeah... as flops go, I thought Tommy Kane would be the next Art Monk in the NFL...

Instead he, he did nothing in his short stint in NFL, got hooked on drugs and cut his wife's throat and went to jail for a long time... Bigtime flop...

go look at the stats for 90-99.. he had 97 in 1997 and the leader was 104. he played for the jets and arizona when the were the bottom half in passing. he was a top 20-30 type player most years one year top 5. a solid career with avg teams

go look at the stats for 90-99.. he had 97 in 1997 and the leader was 104. he played for the jets and arizona when the were the bottom half in passing. he was a top 20-30 type player most years one year top 5. a solid career with avg teams
I get the feeling you're thinking people who are currently talking about Ike Hilliard are actually talking about Rob Moore. Given the title of the thread, I can understand that, but Moore is not the current topic of conversation with regard to flop/star/career stats/etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom