Roberson | Syracusefan.com

Roberson

upperdeck

Living Legend
so how long to rest him.. thats an injury that can linger so is there really a rush to get him back for friday? if he isnt better for michigan/st johns then he might be out until the only other game that matters in Vill. Otherwise the ACC in jan is when we need him.

he has been working thru this long enough that a few days isnt the answer.

We have a few doctors that post--would be interested to hear their take on this injury and how long it might take to recover.

Soft tissue injuries are weird--sometimes the only way to recuperate is to shut it down. Otherwise, you just keep reaggrivating it.

Edit: just to be clear, I don't know anything about abdominal strains specifically.

so how long to rest him.. thats an injury that can linger so is there really a rush to get him back for friday? if he isnt better for michigan/st johns then he might be out until the only other game that matters in Vill. Otherwise the ACC in jan is when we need him.

he has been working thru this long enough that a few days isnt the answer.

Good questions. I liked the way JB answered in the presser, saying that he didn't know, and then quipping, "I didn't go to school for that". I'm with you on resting him until he is healthy though.

Up to 4 to 6 weeks depending on how bad it is.
I used to blow out my hamstrings and groin early on in every season. I would just have them taped extremely tight and play through them. That was back in the day when you just "rubbed dirt in it " and got back out there. I was/am an idiot and I am sure they will probably rest him till he is ready to go. These kind of things have a way to be a nagging injury if you don't give them the time to heal. Rest now saves more time than trying to fight though it.

Me
upload_2014-11-26_10-3-45.jpeg

SU MD staff
images

Link to info on sports hernia:
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00573

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702