Robert Braswell IV | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can really do a lot of things, and I think the comparison to a rich mans James Southerland is apt. The real issue though is that having played so few minutes we haven’t gotten to evaluate his body language and I think they will be key to figuring out just what kind of player he is.
He only played 55 minutes last season so he might benefit the most of any player this season.

Minutes will be hard to come by. He’s behind Hughes at the 3 and behind Guerrier and Marek at the 4. He’ll get some but if we play Guerrier and Marek together when Hughes is out, it gets even tougher.

Last edited:
So he went from 6 9 to 6 7...in just saying right now we really don’t know about our centers...these ACC teams are going to destroy us down low. Our guards are just very inexperienced and honestly I am not sold on Carey yet. He is thinking way too much out there and he should because Goodine looks better and so does Girard in some situations...plus Boeheim he still looks slow to me idk I think we are in for a long year
Buddy played good defense in the zone LAST SEASON during ACC play. He should be better this season. Carey is also a good defender. Not worried about their defense. And it’ll get better throughout the season.

Screen_Shot_2019_10_11_at_7.05.32_PM.0.png

In the team photo he looks to be taller than QG by at least an inch. If B4 is 6'7" does that mean QG is only 6'6"?

Based on a very small sample size, it appears that RBIV is going to be difficult to keep off the floor. People were bullish last year and more people, so far this year, are even more bullish. Amazing how a kid who was a 200+ recruit, and a very late signee, has seemingly developed into a much more complete player. Lots of players competing for minutes so he will need to continue to stand out. I think his upside is one of the highest on the team.

We talkin bout Quadruple B?

Agree that Minutes will be tough to come by Earl, Hughes is NOT leaving the floor that is pretty much written in stone. That leaves Earl only getting a few minutes if when we move Marek to the 5 IMO.

I wouldn't have liked to have seen him RS last year. He barely saw any action in meaningful games.

We shall see...let’s be honest we haven’t played anyone yet to make that kind of a judgement in him. Guerrier will get the bulk of the minutes. I suggest moving braswell to center but we shall see what happens
That was sort of my point when I said red shirt him. Obviously he won't, but If -IF- the freshman bigs allow Marek to not play the 5, Braswell isn't going to get a lot of run unless JB changes how many guys he plays

I like Braswell but can we afford to have a 6-9 guy sitting out at the 3 pt line? I haven't really seen him do much else.

I like Braswell but can we afford to have a 6-9 guy sitting out at the 3 pt line? I haven't really seen him do much else.
No we cannot. That’s why I do not see him getting meaningful minutes unless he can pull in some boards on either end. Otherwise, he best be a 40% + shooter from deep

Donté says hi! :p

Screen_Shot_2019_10_11_at_7.05.32_PM.0.png

In the team photo he looks to be taller than QG by at least an inch. If B4 is 6'7" does that mean QG is only 6'6"?

Yes. On Saturday it seemed that Guerrier was only a couple inches taller than Carey.

Yes. On Saturday it seemed that Guerrier was only a couple inches taller than Carey.

Seems like all the hoops guys get an extra 1-2" added to their "official" heights, vs. how most people would measure human beings.

For starters, they always measure them in shoes, which adds an inch right there.

But yeah - QG is likely 6'6" - or less.

Other examples: Paul Harris - 6'5" listed, 6'3" actual.
Stevie Thompson - 6'4" listed, 6'2" (at best) actual.

Seems like all the hoops guys get an extra 1-2" added to their "official" heights, vs. how most people would measure human beings.

For starters, they always measure them in shoes, which adds an inch right there.

But yeah - QG is likely 6'6" - or less.

Other examples: Paul Harris - 6'5" listed, 6'3" actual.
Stevie Thompson - 6'4" listed, 6'2" (at best) actual.

I remember when Harris got to the NBA combine and we finally saw an accurate measurement and had a "maybe fans were a little unfair to him, he's actually a medium-sized two-guard who got over 8 rebounds a game and went toe-to-toe with Thabeet and Blair as a help defender" hindsight moment.

Also, I think his true 6'3" height was accompanied by a 6'11" wingspan, no exaggeration. That guy was pretty special.

Buddy played good defense in the zone LAST SEASON during ACC play.
i don’t remember it that way. Bunch of us were saying in the chat rooms that he doesn’t have the lateral quickness for closeouts. But honestly if the guards would stop trying to defend the meaningless post and just faceguarded the shooters we wouldn’t have to worry about closeout speed. It’s 2020 and JB is still defending the post like it’s Fort Knox.

i don’t remember it that way. Bunch of us were saying in the chat rooms that he doesn’t have the lateral quickness for closeouts. But honestly if the guards would stop trying to defend the meaningless post and just faceguarded the shooters we wouldn’t have to worry about closeout speed. It’s 2020 and JB is still defending the post like it’s Fort Knox.

I'll just say this. In conference play we were better on the court defensively on a possession by possession basis with Buddy than we were Battle.

meaningless post? Denying the entry pass to the high post is key to any good 2-3 zone. Any good coach will tell you one way to beat a zone is to get the ball into the high post where the player can shoot, dump it down low or reverse the ball and kick it to a wing. It’s 2-3 zone 101.

meaningless post? Denying the entry pass to the high post is key to any good 2-3 zone. Any good coach will tell you one way to beat a zone is to get the. All into the high post where the player can shoot, dump it down low or reverse the ball and kick it to a wing. It’s 2-3 zone 101.
That's the textbook way to beat the zone assuming the defenders collapse on the post. It sounds radical but several of us have been advocating for the last several years to just let them take that shot uncontested. Stay home along the baseline and don't leave the shooters. The high post jumper is a long two. It's not a high value shot compared to the layup or open 3. That's why the kickout is what most offenses are almost always looking for. Let teams get hot from the post and kill us with midrange 2s instead of 3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom