Rondae Jefferson | Syracusefan.com

Rondae Jefferson

Canadian

Walk On
We made his final 7 according to Dave Telep on ESPN.com

Arizona, Texas, Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse, Florida and Memphis

That is good to hear. A player that can play three to four positions is such a luxury.

Imrolling with temple on this one or zona...rutgers is in there really good also

Interesting that Rutgers is in there with so many of the top end recruits that we are also involved with. I'm guessing that Rice is selling them on the Big East being the greatest basketball conference that ever was (which I'm sure they have all heard as they grew up) and the chance to showcase their talents there.

Interesting that Rutgers is in there with so many of the top end recruits that we are also involved with. I'm guessing that Rice is selling them on the Big East being the greatest basketball conference that ever was (which I'm sure they have all heard as they grew up) and the chance to showcase their talents there.
The recruits probably just left their offer letters open while they carry on with the recruiting process - not actually interested, but Rutgers can claim they are still considering.

The recruits probably just left their offer letters open while they carry on with the recruiting process - not actually interested, but Rutgers can claim they are still considering.
I don't know: Rutgers has picked up 4 to 5 wins a year with the BE defections and additions.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Mike Waters just reported Jefferson came in on unofficial visit a couple weeks back:)Reported on his NBA pre-draft chat on Syracuse.com
...and the consensus was: he really liked; remained interested; kept his feelings to himself...and who did he meet with?

I like our chances with a list like that.

Helped lead his highschool team to back to back state championships.
I'm Really Really high on him and stanley Johnson(2014) as our next forwards.

I just checked out Francis' blog. He has the stats from the Peach Jam up for SU targets. Rondae Jefferson can really fill up the stat sheet. I have watched videos of Rondae and now seeing the stats, he and Ennis would be a great start to that class.

I just checked out Francis' blog. He has the stats from the Peach Jam up for SU targets. Rondae Jefferson can really fill up the stat sheet. I have watched videos of Rondae and now seeing the stats, he and Ennis would be a great start to that class.

Yeah, I'm in love...

(Per Francis' blog) Rondae Jefferson SF-5 games 17.2PPG, 7RPG, 5.4APG.

Which, according to stats per Francis's blog, would give Jefferson more rebounds per game than such guys as: BeeJay Anya (3.8). Marcus Lee (6.6), Stanley Johnson (4.8)...and more assists per game than such guys as: Jaylen Brantley (2), JaQuel Richmond (4.4), Isaiah Briscoe (3).

This kid is quite the player. A class of him & Ennis would be downright nasty. Both guys who impact the game in many different ways and have that intangible "know how to win". I'd do backflips if SU could pull those two. And throw in Lawrence, and that's a Kentucky-type class right there.

Yeah, I'm in love...

(Per Francis' blog) Rondae Jefferson SF-5 games 17.2PPG, 7RPG, 5.4APG.

Which, according to stats per Francis's blog, would give Jefferson more rebounds per game than such guys as: BeeJay Anya (3.8). Marcus Lee (6.6), Stanley Johnson (4.8)...and more assists per game than such guys as: Jaylen Brantley (2), JaQuel Richmond (4.4), Isaiah Briscoe (3).

This kid is quite the player. A class of him & Ennis would be downright nasty. Both guys who impact the game in many different ways and have that intangible "know how to win". I'd do backflips if SU could pull those two. And throw in Lawrence, and that's a Kentucky-type class right there.
I would love Ennis, Jefferson, Lawrence and a big guy like Lee. What a class. And if they wanted to bring in another guard, like a Seldon or Williams...wow.

watched some more videos of this dude. Of all the players we are recruiting I like his game the best. I hope we can land this kid. He is a GREAT player.

Last night Ennis said he was going to recruit Jefferson:

"Following his official announcement, Ennis texted me that he plans to recruit fellow 2013 recruits to SU. Syracuse is in good stead with Jefferson, who one source believes is also a Syracuse lean. This recruitment, however, is much wider open. Arizona and Temple too are heavily involved with Jefferson, whose brother, Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson, is a current player for the Owls.

Given positional conflicts—Lawrence and Jefferson are both long, athletic face-up forwards who would play one of the corners at the base of the 2-3 zone, were they to choose Syracuse—the Orange is unlikely to come away with both. But with Ennis now in tow and taking recruiting into his own hands, it’s even more unlikely that SU will come away with neither."
BB

"Following his official announcement, Ennis texted me that he plans to recruit fellow 2013 recruits to SU. Syracuse is in good stead with Jefferson, who one source believes is also a Syracuse lean. This recruitment, however, is much wider open. Arizona and Temple too are heavily involved with Jefferson, whose brother, Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson, is a current player for the Owls.

Given positional conflicts—Lawrence and Jefferson are both long, athletic face-up forwards who would play one of the corners at the base of the 2-3 zone, were they to choose Syracuse—the Orange is unlikely to come away with both. But with Ennis now in tow and taking recruiting into his own hands, it’s even more unlikely that SU will come away with neither."
BB
That is very strange. Both of those players could easily Co-exist.

BB
I don't follow this logic at all.
How exactly is Ennis' verbal going to hurt our recruiting of these two players?

I don't follow this logic at all.
How exactly is Ennis' verbal going to hurt our recruiting of these two players?
I don't get where you're drawing that conclusion?

I don't get where you're drawing that conclusion?
Sorry - I was still on my first cup of morning coffee, and I thought it said "either" instead of "neither". I guess the double negative threw me (unlikely/neither)

Yeah I really don't see Jefferson and Lawrence as mutually exclusive. Seems like they'd compliment eachother quite nicely and both would enjoy a pass first PG like Ennis.

Zona bound, will happen sooner than later

Arizona is going to be really really good depending on who stays and for how long. Between all the bigs they got last year, York, Johnson, now Jefferson, and whatever else they already have/ will sign. Although it could be irrelevant if 2 of those bigs leave after this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom