Rooting for Dino and the team | Syracusefan.com

Rooting for Dino and the team

I completely agree! A lot o has happened to this team due to injury. They started out great then obviously Shrader got hurt at Clemson. They had no viable replacement due to Lamson and Sellers being bought away. Not sure how Football plays out going forward. Ok not encouraged as it’s now a professional sport

This should be the case for everyone. Problem is, no one trusts SU to do the right thing. How many other P4 schools would still have him as HC right now? Even if he wins out, why would any school keep him with only 1 year left on his contract, looking at the returning talent, and considering the last 97 games?

I will be rooting for us to win out, but I cannot blame anyone who wants us to lose twice to force SU's hand.

Me too but just can’t help but think tomorrow is going to be a 17-7 type game and it’s going to again be horrific stuff.

Maybe I’m wrong. That would be cool.

I thought I’d be busy during it but with the game at 330 not 12 I may have to watch it now.

This should be the case for everyone. Problem is, no one trusts SU to do the right thing. How many other P4 schools would still have him as HC right now? Even if he wins out, why would any school keep him with only 1 year left on his contract, looking at the returning talent, and considering the last 97 games?

I will be rooting for us to win out, but I cannot blame anyone who wants us to lose twice to force SU's hand.
Correct. He wouldn’t Have a job in 90% of p5 teams

Why turn this thread into something else? There's a hundred other threads discussing how Syracuse AD and Dino sucks, that SU is cheap and doesn't want to win and everything else. How about we keep this a simple I hope the team wins thread and leave it at that?

Well I think it worked out for VT that they kept Beamer after going 20-42 for 6 yrs.

Well I think it worked out for VT that they kept Beamer after going 20-42 for 6 yrs.

Oh you are right those are the exact same situations, in the exact same environments.

Even sillier given the fact that VA Tech just fired a HC for doing more than Dino. They fired Fuente after a W and getting to 5-5 (3-3) in year 6.

Edit

In the 10 seasons prior to this season BC, Duke, and Wake have all fired a HC who had accomplished more than Dino has at SU. Think about that.

Additionally, the Louisville HC just left before they had a chance to fire him for being better than Dino. GA Tech helped push out a HC who was way more successful. UVA was fine letting their successful HC go because he wouldn't budge on making changes.

Heck even Stanford moved on from a HC who had a ton of success there. Cal fired a HC with 3 years left on his contract for going 18-17 his 2nd-4th years there. The HC prior (and all time W leader) was fired. And they may very well fire their current HC who has been better than Dino.

Based on the hiring/firing practices in the last dozen seasons, there doesn't seem to be a current or future ACC team besides SU that would keep Dino for a lame duck season after his prior 97 game output. Even worse given the lack of talent we have coming back next year.

Last edited:
But if they lose the rest of their games they'll get a better draft pick out of HS.

Wait, that's the NFL, college is the exact opposite. As Sabin once said, why stay in the NFL when I can get only 1 first round pick when I can get 5 in college?

Go Cuse and break this dang gum losing streak to Pitt!

Our role is simple, root for the team no matter what. Keep it simple.

One thing that is amusing though is we were looking at the menu for Dinosaur BBQ as we’re traveling to Syracuse on Monday, and apparently they have a “Dino Burger”. Obviously a play on the word dinosaur but it took me a minute to realize that. Ha.

Always rooting for the team.

This board sometimes has a way of thinking that rooting for a team influences the outcome.
Wait….I read on this forum that the reason this team is not successful is because we don’t pack the dome and we don’t yell and cheer enough. So there.

Yes Yes,,,ROOT FOR THE FRUIT!!!!!! In the "micro" sense.

But in the "macro" sense., I cannot back Dino any longer.
Other ACC teams have improved since game 2 of the season.
Cuse has regressed. Other teams have injuries too.
Cuse, under Babers, have been undisciplined and the physical conditioning/improvement
of players completely up and down the roster is non existent.
Look at ACC teams like Duke Wake...they used to be "patsies".
Now, CUSE has become the conference patsy, like it or not.
I'd love to see this team prove my observations wrong and win out...go 8-5 and give
fans hope for the program going forward. But ohana and La Familia just isn't cutting it anymore.

BCF1AAE9-FCDA-4A9C-A939-EC545237EFF2.jpeg

Definitely a game we can win. Any outcome won’t surprise me here. Could end up being a fun game if the defenses are porous and we can throw a little. Could see LQA doing some damage, I’d love to see that today.

Always rooting for the team.

This board sometimes has a way of thinking that rooting for a team influences the outcome.
Of course rooting for the team doesn't influence the outcome.

On the other hand, wearing the appropriate lucky attire absolutely influences the outcome. The problem is, you don't know which specific shirt is going to be lucky on that day. That is why it is very important to have depth on the shirt roster. If the Otto sweatshirt isn't getting it done, I go to the bench at halftime. The Otto sweatshirt comes off and the script "Syracuse" tee shirt comes on. And so forth.

I'm heading off to the gym in 5 minutes and today is the Orange block "S" tee shirt with blue shorts. That worked for me a couple of times this year, so why not today?

I just wish that when SU unveils their uniform for the week that they would also tell me which shirt I should be wearing to guarantee a win. Of course, they are incapable of guessing the correct uni for the team to guarantee a win, so I guess I'm on my own.

They are asking for donations, they are asking for NIL $$$ from me, and now they are asking that the win or loss depends entirely upon what I am wearing. It's a lot of pressure on me, to be honest with you.

Oh you are right those are the exact same situations, in the exact same environments.

Even sillier given the fact that VA Tech just fired a HC for doing more than Dino. They fired Fuente after a W and getting to 5-5 (3-3) in year 6.

Edit

In the 10 seasons prior to this season BC, Duke, and Wake have all fired a HC who had accomplished more than Dino has at SU. Think about that.

Additionally, the Louisville HC just left before they had a chance to fire him for being better than Dino. GA Tech helped push out a HC who was way more successful. UVA was fine letting their successful HC go because he wouldn't budge on making changes.

Heck even Stanford moved on from a HC who had a ton of success there. Cal fired a HC with 3 years left on his contract for going 18-17 his 2nd-4th years there. The HC prior (and all time W leader) was fired. And they may very well fire their current HC who has been better than Dino.

Based on the hiring/firing practices in the last dozen seasons, there doesn't seem to be a current or future ACC team besides SU that would keep Dino for a lame duck season after his prior 97 game output. Even worse given the lack of talent we have coming back next year.

VT fired Fuentes because their half dozen donors that matter hated him and said they would cut the spigot off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom