Roy Williams Retiring / UNC hires Hubert Davis | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Roy Williams Retiring / UNC hires Hubert Davis

Exactly my fear with SU.

Uh no Roy's not the AD. So freaking ridiculous.

Except that he’s right. These coaches talk all the time. JB has referenced weekly calls and such. Why people dislike candor, not really sure.
Do you want Bennett or K talking about what’s going on in our problem? I don’t.

Where to begin...

1617382104081.png

I think they stay on the family. Davis, Miller or Stackhouse. Rasheed Wallace has been coaching a high school here in Durham for a few years. I don't think he will be considered but he would be an interesting option.

I'd want them to hire Wallace just so I can see him chokeslam K through a table

Honestly who cares? He is like the crotchety old guy in the town bar who complains about everything. You just smile, slide him another Old Milwaukee draft and ignore.
Sounds a lot like this board so often - other than just singling out an age range though. :)

Honestly who cares? He is like the crotchety old guy in the town bar who complains about everything. You just smile, slide him another Old Milwaukee draft and ignore.
Weird thing about Old Mill... I’ve had plenty, but I don’t think I ever had a single one after I turned 21.

Swill.

Roy is only 70 but he is an old 70. JB is 76 but he is a young 76.

To those people wondering why JB is outlasting Roy.
That's a good way tp put it. Boeheim just seems younger and more energetic, and sharper, than Roy.

Here is the question for Syracuse fans: how much of that is due to his coaching Buddy? When Buddy is gone, will Jim start to look and act really old?

That's really insightful. My guess is that the legacy of Doherty might send them in another direction. I don't have a clue what they will do, but I am sure they wish this wasn't happening this year. Never has the ACC seemed so weak. My guess is they make an appeal to Jim Boeheim hoping his two sons will come along with him.
If Alabama football had this 'family' notion, then Nick Saban never would have been hired. Bama would still be looking in vain for former players to become the next Bear Bryant.

UNC is UNC. We should be dealing with the most accomplished and proven coaches. We should go hard after the best, just like Bama went after Saban.