RPOs are great | Syracusefan.com

RPOs are great

SWC75

Bored Historian
But you quarterback and running back need to be getting long with each other. You might recall when Garrett Schrader pulled the ball away from Jarveon Howard when either of them could have had a walk-in and Howard obviously didn't like it. Here is the end of the Florida-Alabama game:

I think the QB wanted the ball but the running back wouldn't let him take it.

But you quarterback and running back need to be getting long with each other. You might recall when Garrett Schrader pulled the ball away from Jarveon Howard when either of them could have had a walk-in and Howard obviously didn't like it. Here is the end of the Florida-Alabama game:

I think the QB wanted the ball but the running back wouldn't let him take it.
I hope that was not by design. Looks like both wanted it so bad they messed up the play.

I hope that was not by design. Looks like both wanted it so bad they messed up the play.
Exactly, that's why I am not upset with how the play panned out. It is a decision that the QB needs to make in oh, Nano seconds actually to try and get a good result. I think no matter the decision GS made it would have been the right one.

If it’s not definitively called ahead of time but is a judgement call made by the QB after the ball is snapped based on what he sees, I could see this happening.

I think the quarterback just held onto the ball too long and can’t make a decision. If you notice the two Bama defenders on the right side he should’ve given the ball up to the back early

There are some teams that hold the mesh point that long to put the pressure on DE and LB to commit. See wake forest, but don’t think that was the case here.