Rumor is basketball-only schools walked out of Philly meeting today... | Syracusefan.com

Rumor is basketball-only schools walked out of Philly meeting today...

liljoe

Scout Team
I guess when they were trying to decide on dinner, the question asked was Geno's cheesesteaks or Pat's King of Cheesesteaks. The basket ball schools, having come to know the area well over the years wanted Pat's steaks. The football schools, not having the connection with a number of reps who hadn't been to Philly, were fixated on the bright neon lights on the building of Geno's cheesesteaks. It deteriorated quickly from that point on.

UConn officials were heard grumbling something about Rocky Mountain Oysters at the next meeting if Air Force joins...

Fitting, Great Football schools are leaving the league , basketball schools are leaving the meetings.

I still think the seeds of the eelague's doom were there from the beginning. What should have happened in the late 70's is for the football.basketball schools, (Boston College, Syracuse, Army, Navy, Rutgers, Temple, Penn State, Pitt, West Virginia), to form one conference and the top big-time basketball only schools, (Holy Cross, Providence, Connecticut, St. John's, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova, Temple, LaSalle, St. Joseph's, Duquense, St. Bonaventure) to form another. The football conferecne could have added Virginia tech, Cincinnati and Louisville to get to 12 and have a championshop game. I may be naive but I don't think anybody would have gone searching for a better deal and the onbly thing we'd worry aobut each year is winning the confercne. Instead we got a mix of football and basketball schools who had a tug of war over the conference for 30 years, ending in the current mess.

please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up....please blow up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom