Running backs... | Syracusefan.com

Running backs...

Can we sign a petition or something? This is super obvious...

He played in garbage time which hasn't happened this year so hopefully that's a sign that he's going to get more run.

He played in garbage time which hasn't happened this year so hopefully that's a sign that he's going to get more run.

I noticed in that garbage time, Mahoney looked frustrated that Fredericks didn't call the protection to the OL so he ran up and did it. Then had to tell Jordan to go line up on the other side of him. Between that, and the attempt (if that's what you call it) at a catch, and maybe that's what's going on. It's pretty clear that the take handoff, run ball part of the job, he's the most qualified.

Not to pile on, but why is Jordan out there on a 3rd down split out as a primary target and Moe Neal is out there on a 3rd and goal run up the middle at the 1?

I noticed in that garbage time, Mahoney looked frustrated that Fredericks didn't call the protection to the OL so he ran up and did it. Then had to tell Jordan to go line up on the other side of him. Between that, and the attempt (if that's what you call it) at a catch, and maybe that's what's going on. It's pretty clear that the take handoff, run ball part of the job, he's the most qualified.

Not to pile on, but why is Jordan out there on a 3rd down split out as a primary target and Moe Neal is out there on a 3rd and goal run up the middle at the 1?
I'm curious what percentage of the time we score on series when Neal is on the field. Seems like we stall as soon as Strickland is out. Neal just isn't there yet.

You were paying attention to far more than I was at that point in the game. If true then that explains a lot about why he's not playing... he'd probably lose us about 20% of our plays by not being able to handle those responsibilities. With regards to Moe Neal I think Babers is basically saying if you're a RB on the team you gotta be able to both split out or tote the ball on down and short plays as well as opposed to using situational substitution. Again probably an effort to maintain tempo by not subbing out.

For better or worse Babers is going to do everything in his power to go as fast as possible seemingly at the expense of everything else.

Fredericks seems lost presnap. He needs to get it together before Dino starts him or gets more snaps. He HAS to be able to call out blocking and know which side to line up on...
Yeah is pretty clear why he's not playing

He also played when it counted and dropped an easy pass.
Moe Neil dropped 3 passed in one game and remained on the field
They also took a ball right out of his hand . Strickland has also dropped passes. The reality is the Moe Neal is not a College running back at all was 3 for 3yrds and cant break a tackle. Fredericks needs to run the ball not catch passes. Strickland is a good player but doesn't belong it the backfield either could you imagine if we had a running game with our passing game?! Babers will never answer any questions about Fredericks because he has no legitimately answer. Our leading rusher from last yr is not even given a chance unbelievable.

Fredericks seems lost presnap. He needs to get it together before Dino starts him or gets more snaps. He HAS to be able to call out blocking and know which side to line up on...
Hahaha yeah ok.

Oh please passes were dropped all day. That one pass wouldn't of won the game. Try again
Hang on - I said "that hurt would have been a first down," you interpreted it as me saying that one pass would have won the game, and you tell me to try again?

That's why we have Ishmael, Brisley and Etta. He is a running back a mighty fine one I might add, who can actually break a tackle. This whole non running game is running thin. You want to look at something, look at the sideline and watch the players face swhen we can't run the ball. It seems like excuses are being made time and time again. Like I said before he can't be worse than what we have out there

Hahaha yeah ok.

Considering your handle on this site, and how you always show up in threads relating to JF, leads me to believe you have a connection to JF.

Considering your handle on this site, and how you always show up in threads relating to JF, leads me to believe you have a connection to JF.
Uh yeah

Hang on - I said "that hurt would have been a first down," you interpreted it as me saying that one pass would have won the game, and you tell me to try again?
Yes. There were A LOT of other plays that hurts us other than that one. I am frustrated because we shouldn't of lost by so much and look so bad doing it. I get we have a lot of young players but come on we can do better. Notre Dame's defense was just as horrible. Smh

Yes. There were A LOT of other plays that hurts us other than that one. I am frustrated because we shouldn't of lost by so much and look so bad doing it. I get we have a lot of young players but come on we can do better. Notre Dame's defense was just as horrible. Smh
Again, just to reiterate, I said that one drop hurt because he had a first down. That's it.

I watched him play last year and I comment on all Running backs threads. My favorite. Been a Cuse fan for a while, use to only read. I must also admit a sore loser. Lol. We could of won today

Eric15 mentioned, correctly, in another thread that STs gave up roughly 10 points. We get those back, and it turns out to be a much more closely contested game.

Eric15 mentioned, correctly, in another thread that STs gave up roughly 10 points. We get those back, and it turns out to be a much more closely contested game.
ok. Thanks. No problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom