Class of 2015 - S CJ Jeudy (FL) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S CJ Jeudy (FL)

a bit small at 5'10" but he fits the mold of a Shafer defense. kid is pretty physical, not shy about smacking someone.

a bit small at 5'10" but he fits the mold of a Shafer defense. kid is pretty physical, not shy about smacking someone.

I got the opposite feel from his tape. He is not a very sound tackler. Doesn't wrap up. Leaves his feet and goes to his knees when he tries to make a tackle 80% of the time. Nothing jumped off his tape for me.

I got the opposite feel from his tape. He is not a very sound tackler. Doesn't wrap up. Leaves his feet and goes to his knees when he tries to make a tackle 80% of the time. Nothing jumped off his tape for me.

I defer to your wisdom, Jack.

I defer to your wisdom, Jack.
I don't know what video you were watching. He looks solid enough and quick enough to be a disruption in the secondary at the very least. I've seen worse already on the roster.

I understand that we have to make some contingencies just in case we experience the worst case scenario (missed Stocker, miss Clayton, Blair doesn't qualify), or even close to worst case (missing on Stocker and Clayton, Blair qualifies). I just hope this doesn't happen because the prospects look to be a huge step down. We really really need Clayton.

If we miss i would rather have us fill with a few JUCOS who can step in and help even if just on specials

I'll take Jack's word for it.
Of course you will Frozen.! I'll take the coaches decision and what I saw clearly in his video. Nothing at all against Jack but his ability is clear unless frozen by the union. We all know how that works.:rolling:

I think he looks better than Jeremi Wilkes did his Senior year. No offense to Wilkes but he had a big problem wrapping up on tackles. This kid seems to have an eye for the ball. I didn't watch the whole video Jack but I would definitely take a chance on him. With his speed he goes after the ball. I didn't see him on his knees trying to make tackles. Maybe it is later in the video, but even if so, that can be fixed by good coaching.

I think he looks better than Jeremi Wilkes did his Senior year. No offense to Wilkes but he had a big problem wrapping up on tackles. This kid seems to have an eye for the ball. I didn't watch the whole video Jack but I would definitely take a chance on him. With his speed he goes after the ball. I didn't see him on his knees trying to make tackles. Maybe it is later in the video, but even if so, that can be fixed by good coaching.

Like you said no offense to Wilkes, but he's not exactly what we should be striving for in the secondary. We should be looking for and striving to land better players than what Wilkes became. He was a good kid, but shouldn't have ever been a starter for us, and we shouldn't be looking at kids who have a chance to be slightly better than Wilkes unless we are desperate

Like you said no offense to Wilkes, but he's not exactly what we should be striving for in the secondary. We should be looking for and striving to land better players than what Wilkes became. He was a good kid, but shouldn't have ever been a starter for us, and we shouldn't be looking at kids who have a chance to be slightly better than Wilkes unless we are desperate

Given the needs in the secondary, if the kid can play right away as a frosh like Wilkes did, his upside doesn't necessarily matter. Especially with Spence no longer an option.

Don't know if Jeudy is that guy (since the 2 best evaluators on this site - JackBauer and Money) don't see it, but I would say upside no longer matters at the DB position.

In order to get an offer, an undersized strong safety should have high school highlights that pop out much more than this kid i would think.

Given the needs in the secondary, if the kid can play right away as a frosh like Wilkes did, his upside doesn't necessarily matter. Especially with Spence no longer an option.

Don't know if Jeudy is that guy (since the 2 best evaluators on this site - JackBauer and Money) don't see it, but I would say upside no longer matters at the DB position.
Now that Spence is out... I think the caveat of my post "unless we are desperate" might be coming into ply at. It really depends on where we think we sit with Stocker and Clayton, but with each passing day that might be falling further from our reach

Now that Spence is out... I think the caveat of my post "unless we are desperate" might be coming into ply at. It really depends on where we think we sit with Stocker and Clayton, but with each passing day that might be falling further from our reach
stocker committed to pitt

stocker committed to pitt
Well you can clearly tell I'm out of that loop.

Was this mid week? That was when I was fairly Internet disconnected...

With some exceptions this recruiting class hasn't addressed some key positions as well as expected. Perhaps the disappomymen is in not holding on to some key players the minute Shafer realized that George MCDonald was not a gifted OC everyone knew George would leave with no one really able to fill the recruiting hole he leaves behind Not even Acosta.