Class of 2022 - S Devin Grant (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/18/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 S Devin Grant (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/18/23)

Canadian

Walk On

From Holy Cross HS iin Queens. 6’4 190 safety. 79 tackles, 5 picks his first year starting as a sophomore.

Really good athlete with 2 years left.

Almost guarantee Coach Brown knows him. And he was coached at UB by our new LB coach Robert White.

Yes please.

From Holy Cross HS iin Queens. 6’4 190 safety. 79 tackles, 5 picks his first year starting as a sophomore.

Really good athlete with 2 years left.

Almost guarantee Coach Brown knows him. And he was coached at UB by our new LB coach Robert White.

Yes please.
DEVIN GRANT BUFFALO COMMIT 2024 HOLY CROSS HS< FLUSHING, NY PORTAL
#23 / S/ 6' 4" 190/ 4.65 40/ BP 285/ 185 BP REPS(16)
images

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

DEVIN RUNS A 4.65 40, BENCHES 285
WAS THE MAC LEADER IN INTERCEPTIONS WITH 5 THIS SEASON

HAD 79 TACKLES, TWO FUMBLE RECOVERIES, EIGHT PBU'S AND TWO BLOCKED KICKS

TRIED TO GET FILM ON HUDL. THEY HAVE GRANT'S INFO CORRECT BUT WHEN YOU GO INTO THE FILM THEY HAVE HIM PLAYING BASKETBALL, SO I DON"T HAVE FILM TO EVALUATE. I APOLOGIZE, BUT SOMETIMES HUDL, 247, ON3, RIVALS HAVE HT AND WEIGHT ALL OVER THE PLACE
BUT THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE! IF YOU CAN FIND FILM FOR ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. :)

Joseph Cooke, Buffalo News

The University at Buffalo football team faces the loss of a third key player from its 2023 roster.
Devin Grant, a sophomore safety for the Bulls, has entered the transfer portal, after two seasons with the Bulls. A source confirmed to The Buffalo News that Grant is entering his name in the transfer portal, which On3.com and originally reported Monday.

Grant is one of nine UB players who has entered his name in the transfer portal this offseason, and the fourth starter from this year’s team, along with quarterback Cole Snyder, linebacker Shaun Dolac and wide receiver Marlyn Johnson, who announced Monday he will transfer to FAU.

Grant did not immediately respond to a message from The Buffalo News seeking comment.

Grant led the Mid-American Conference with five interceptions this season, and he is one of 11 players tied for fifth nationally in the statistical category. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound defensive back from Elmont was a first-team All-MAC selection who had 79 tackles, two fumble recoveries, eight pass breakups and two blocked kicks this season.

SEEMS LIKE A GOOD GET FROM THE STATS THAT WERE AVAILABLE

Last edited:
OFFERED> DEVIN GRANT BUFFALO COMMIT 2024 HOLY CROSS HS< FLUSHING, NY PORTAL
images

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

TRIED TO GET FILM ON HUDL. THEY HAVE GRANT'S INFO CORRECT BUT WHEN YOU GO INTO THE FILM THEY HAVE HIM PLAYING BASKETBALL, SO I DON"T HAVE FILM TO EVALUATE. I APOLOGIZE, BUT SOMETIMES HUDL, 247, ON3, RIVALS HAVE HT AND WEIGHT ALL OVER THE PLACE
BUT THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE! IF YOU CAN FIND FILM FOR ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. :)

The University at Buffalo football team faces the loss of a third key player from its 2023 roster.
Devin Grant, a sophomore safety for the Bulls, has entered the transfer portal, after two seasons with the Bulls. A source confirmed to The Buffalo News that Grant is entering his name in the transfer portal, which On3.com and originally reported Monday.

Grant is one of nine UB players who has entered his name in the transfer portal this offseason, and the fourth starter from this year’s team, along with quarterback Cole Snyder, linebacker Shaun Dolac and wide receiver Marlyn Johnson, who announced Monday he will transfer to FAU.

Grant did not immediately respond to a message from The Buffalo News seeking comment.

Grant led the Mid-American Conference with five interceptions this season, and he is one of 11 players tied for fifth nationally in the statistical category. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound defensive back from Elmont was a first-team All-MAC selection who had 79 tackles, two fumble recoveries, eight pass breakups and two blocked kicks this season.

A couple of pick 6s from last season….

OFFERED> DEVIN GRANT BUFFALO COMMIT 2024 HOLY CROSS HS< FLUSHING, NY PORTAL
images

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

4.65 at 190 seems a tad slow.

But I digress... his stats are impressive

4.65 at 190 seems a tad slow.

But I digress... his stats are impressive
Agree. If there is a problem, it is with his speed.

Guessing Coach Brown really values speed.

Thinking we didn’t see an offer for Love for this reason.

Thinking we won’t see Duce back here, at least at CB, for the same reason.

Most of the commits in the 2024 class that got the talk probably got that talk in part for this reason.

And we might not offer this guy, and maybe Colbie Young because of this as well.

DEVIN GRANT BUFFALO COMMIT 2024 HOLY CROSS HS< FLUSHING, NY PORTAL
images

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

Quick question: Where/when was that 40 time taken? Given the stated and reasonable concern, I am curious how old that mark is (e.g., if from HUDL/high school, he could certainly have improved on this).
Thanks in advance!

I’m hearing Grant will be jumping to NFL after 1 year here - he’s that good
It is really nice when you have a coach on staff who has seen what a player is really like on and off the field like Coach Wright has done with Grant.

Devin is listed as a strong safety on the UB depth chart I looked at.

He has two more years left. Excellent. If he plays well enough to play in the NFL after one, that isn't bad either.

Last edited:
Exciting player. Would be a welcome addition to the secondary. Him Barron, Clark the 3 safeties would be pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Devin's mensurables remind me of Kyle Hamilton, who was 6"3"/190 lbs coming out of HS, where he ran a 4.63-40. After a stellar career at ND, he was up to 6"4"/220 lbs. at the NFL combine, where he ran a "slow" 4.59 40.
He went on to be a 1st round pick of the Baltimore Ravens, and will likely be an All-Pro in just his 2nd year in the league.