Sad News | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sad News

It is amazing how much of a community this place is. I've never met CaliCuse in person or communicated directly with him, but through his posts over the years about his sons' achievements, his personal experiences and our common interests I feel like I've lost a friend.

I always enjoyed his posts and his often unique perspective. He will definitely be missed. RIP.

Last edited:
Oh f___ that's awful. Didn't he just have surgery? A hip replacement or something?

Damn, he was one of my favorites. Loved his Yankees posts, loved reading his take on any subject.

When you read between the lines (and there were many :) ), there was never any doubt he was a good guy in real life. He will be sorely missed around here. :(

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP, Cali.

Damn, he was one of my favorites. Loved his Yankees posts, loved reading his take on any subject.

When you read between the lines (and there were many :) ), there was never any doubt he was a good guy in real life. He will be sorely missed around here. :(

The man loved his family and loved his Orangemen. I can't remember how many times one of his stream of conscious posts made me laugh out loud. The board just got a little less fun. RIP.

Man this sucks...Godspeed Cali...for the longest time I thought he had to just be playing with everyone but as I got to know him I realized how genuine he was.

I was amused by him wanting to trade every Yankee

I'm going to be honest. Cali used to drive me nuts. I didn't get it. Sometimes I legitimately couldn't understand what he was posting. He got under my skin for sure but I tried wholeheartedly not to be rude to him.

Then, over time I realized that he had some trouble typing due to some physical issues and that he brought a lot of humor and passion to the board. I got it. A lot of times the guy was legitimately hilarious but he was always himself and he took no quarter.

I hope Cali is in a better place.

***I feel like this should've all been one rambling paragraph with random letters thrown in as some sort of tribute.:)

A unique sole who was all orange. What a character. I already miss his ramblings!

I reached out to his son on Twitter to let him know about this, so he's checking out this thread. This was posted by his daughter-in-law:

Beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing that.

Terrible news. I loved giving Cali grief but it was always in good fun. I hope he saw it the same way. I always considered him a crazy relative you loved spending time with. He will definitely be missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom