Sad news | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sad news

Kid is a baller. Always shocked he didnt make it in the league. Rest in peace.

way too young

I may be recalling incorrectly, but didn’t we recruit him pretty hard?

Don't think it was him. Rivals doesn't have us listed as offering (not that it's always 100% accurate).

https://n./content/prospects/2006/stanley-robinson-14856#school-interests

Was a cool player, for sure, and a big part of some formidable teams

Wow. That’s horrible. Way too young. Was one of the UConn players I didn’t “dislike”. Was fun to watch. RIP.

One of the few.

RIP ...amazing athletic skills. Is Robinson the player who was actually working in a paperboard mill and not enrolled at UCONN. Does anyone remember?

RIP ...amazing athletic skills. Is Robinson the player who was actually working in a paperboard mill and not enrolled at UCONN. Does anyone remember?

Yes! I was going to say a scrap yard, but yeah, it stuck in my mind that he either had academic problems or Calhoun just sent him away for awhile and he spend a few months working a real blue collar job in Mississippi or Louisiana.

I'm a sucker for stories like that. Dumb cliché, but it is a character-builder.

Sorry to read this one.

Found this compilation of his dunks. Amazing. He had an uncanny ability to grab a rebound while still on his way up so that he could complete an impressive dunk. And I can't recall seeing a player go over the back of his own teammates as much as he did.

I dont think there was one soft drunk during that entire video. The slam, the scream, I love it. Amazing.

I dont think there was one soft drunk during that entire video. The slam, the scream, I love it. Amazing.

Hot take:

I don't think SU's had as creative a dunker as Sticks in the last 25 years.

Hakim's definitely an A+ dunker in almost every way, but Sticks had that rare "what's he going to do" quality when he got the ball in the open court that I don't see very often.

Hot take:

Hakim's definitely an A+ dunker in almost every way, but Sticks had that rare "what's he going to do" quality when he got the ball in the open court that I don't see very often.
Hak's bounciness was definitely comparable, but he didn't "perform" the way Robinson did.

Last edited:
Hot take:

James Sutherland was the closest when it comes to creativity, but he literally had to be all by himself on a breakaway to dunk 98% of the time.

James Sutherland was the closest when it comes to creativity, but he literally had to be all by himself on a breakaway to dunk 98% of the time.

Also, for all his laissez faire rep, Boeheim really doesn't like his guys doing showy dunks in games.

South had a good one late against Providence one year. But I can count on one hand the number of crazy open court dunks SU's had since Dave Johnson graduated. Half of them involved Flynn/Greene/Harris, and all of those involved Boeheim being troubled that the other team's face was getting rubbed in it.

Hot take:

EDIT: Facetious post, but RIP to both. Way, way too young.

Last edited:
Very sad to hear of any young person losing their life, if the rumor of suicide is true it makes even more tragic. The thought of anyone feeling so lost that they have no other option but to take their life is heart wrenching.

Stanley was one of my favorite players in the Big East, long, athletic, there are just some players that you enjoy watching them, but hate to see them excel against your team Stanley was one of those players. RIP Stanley

Very sad. As others have said, really likeable dude. Feel terrible for his kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom